F770 with Cellink B turns off after 24 hours until reconnected

Triggs88

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Balckvue DR650GW
Hi All,

Having an issue that I want to share to see if anyone else has come across this issue before.

The dashcam and cellink works fine if I drive the car every day, but sometimes I leave the car undriven for 2-3 days and come back to a dashcam that does not turn on. I try keeping my finger on the power button but it does not turn on. I know the cellink powers on as I can hear the chime from the cellink but it doesn't trigger the dashcam to come back alive.

The only way to get it to work again is to disconnect the dash cam from the cellink completely and then reconnecting after 5 seconds or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Triggs88

That's an odd problem. It sounds like the cam is frozen in an off state.

Curious what setting did you select for the Off Timer?

Are you running the latest firmware v1.00.06?

That's an odd problem. It sounds like the cam is frozen in an off state.

Curious what setting did you select for the Off Timer?

Are you running the latest firmware v1.00.06?
Hi there,

Just checked the dashcam and the timer was set to 24 hours (changed it to 48 hours now) - Do you think that this is the issue? But wouldn't sending power to the dashcam restart it? Surely it doesn't freeze after it hits it timer.

The firmware is on the latest as you mentioned.

Thanks

Do you think that this is the issue?

No idea just taking a stab in the dark. I haven't heard of this issue happened to anyone else in this forum.

It doesnt make sense that it all works fine after you reconnect it after 5 seconds.

No idea just taking a stab in the dark. I haven't heard of this issue happened to anyone else in this forum.

It doesnt make sense that it all works fine after you reconnect it after 5 seconds.

I guess not many people leave their cars undriven for that period of time. Most people drive their cars every day. Would be good to get this sorted though.

Watch the last couple of parking mode video it recorded before cutting out. The voltage reading might give you a clue.

Try resetting to factory settings using the app. Id also try another memory card in case its locking up the cam.

Even with the car/ignition off, the cam should still turn on if you hold the power button as its getting constant power from the Cellink.

Watch the last couple of parking mode video it recorded before cutting out. The voltage reading might give you a clue.

Try resetting to factory settings using the app. Id also try another memory card in case its locking up the cam.

Great idea! Will see what that reveals and then feed back here.

Hi All,

Having an issue that I want to share to see if anyone else has come across this issue before.

The dashcam and cellink works fine if I drive the car every day, but sometimes I leave the car undriven for 2-3 days and come back to a dashcam that does not turn on. I try keeping my finger on the power button but it does not turn on. I know the cellink powers on as I can hear the chime from the cellink but it doesn't trigger the dashcam to come back alive.

The only way to get it to work again is to disconnect the dash cam from the cellink completely and then reconnecting after 5 seconds or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Triggs88

Sorry I cant offer you any help regarding a solution to this problem.

After reading through your problem I also sometimes get a simular problem camera not switching back on, I thought my issue is because the my vehicle is not a daily driver and sometimes its left for 8- 10 days in the driveway, so parking mode is not required and I always switch the camera off when parked in my driveway, but sometimes when starting after this amount of time my camera will not start up, and I also found that disconnecting the cellink and reconnecting brings the camera back to life.

I just assumed it was a quirk caused by switching the camera off when parked and left for days!

I just wish the camera on light was more visible in bright sunlight its impossible to tell its on.

Sorry I cant offer you any help regarding a solution to this problem.

After reading through your problem I also sometimes get a simular problem camera not switching back on, I thought my issue is because the my vehicle is not a daily driver and sometimes its left for 8- 10 days in the driveway, so parking mode is not required and I always switch the camera off when parked in my driveway, but sometimes when starting after this amount of time my camera will not start up, and I also found that disconnecting the cellink and reconnecting brings the camera back to life.

I just assumed it was a quirk caused by switching the camera off when parked and left for days!

I just wish the camera on light was more visible in bright sunlight its impossible to tell its on.
Hi there,

When I know that the car will be sitting in the driveway for a few days, I tend to turn it off as it seems to start up when I start the car again. I think this may be related to how the cellink and the camera works together. Maybe once the cellink completely runs out of juice, the camera shuts down in a way that is not graceful so therefore does not come back alive until disconnected. Also the cellink may not be completely dead so there may be some current still flowing through, just not enough to power it on. And this causes the locked state.

Not sure... If someone electrical could confirm that theory?

Not sure... If someone electrical could confirm that theory?

I think i have an idea on what might be causing it.

What do you have your voltage cut off set too?

A fully discharged Cellink will have a low voltage. If it falls below the F770's set cut off voltage then the F770 might be programmed not turn on again (until the voltage is higher along with an ACC ON signal). This would explain the locked state.

And when you do unplug it and plug it back in, im guessing it resets this program. Even with the car running it takes a bit of time for the Cellink pack to get its voltage back up.

Next time it happens, drive around with the 'locked' cam for about 15 minutes, then pull over somewhere and turn the car OFF and then back ON. If the F770 turns on as it should then i think you might have your answer.

Alternatively if you have a voltmeter, you can check the voltage of the Constant 12v & GND wire on the Cellink Output.

Last edited:
they generally require about half a volt more than the cutoff voltage to turn back on, could be just a setting problem

I think i have an idea on what might be causing it.

What do you have your voltage cut off set too?

A fully discharged Cellink will have a low voltage. If it falls below the F770's set cut off voltage then the F770 might be programmed not turn on again (until the voltage is higher along with an ACC ON signal). This would explain the locked state.

And when you do unplug it and plug it back in, im guessing it resets this program. Even with the car running it takes a bit of time for the Cellink pack to get its voltage back up.

Next time it happens, drive around with the 'locked' cam for about 15 minutes, then pull over somewhere and turn the car OFF and then back ON. If the F770 turns on as it should then i think you might have your answer.

Alternatively if you have a voltmeter, you can check the voltage of the Constant 12v & GND wire on the Cellink Output.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies... the cam is currently set at the lowest voltage setting. I have tried driving the car for over 15 minutes after it being locked and tried to turn off car and turn on again but the cam remains in a locked state. I will try the voltmeter method to see what I get.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back