Yi 4K Broken screen

Yes that's the one
You said that it was easy to install. Did you manage to find a guide to help you. The only video I found online did no reach the screen. It stopped on the camera board.

Enviado do meu ONE E1003 através de Tapatalk

Yes there is no video out there but don't worry it is fairly easy to do, it's a little daunting but fairly easy.

First thing is remove the front cover, there are plenty of videos out there showing you how to do this, make sure you safely detach the two ribbon cables before totally removing the front cover.
Once the cover is removed the back part of the camera will detach, so other than the LCD screen on the back and the empty battery compartment there should be nothing else attached. Again see the other videos out there.
Once you have the back compartment with LCD do not remove any more bits or screws.
Before you do anything to the screen take note of where the YI logo on the LCD is positioned on the screen in relation to which side of the camera case, you will need to know this to make sure that you put the new one back in the same orientation.
Get a pencil with a rubber end, or anything plastic that isn't going to damage anything the gently push the inside of the broken LCD screen away from the camera body.
The LCD screen is only glued on to the case and is not fixed in any other way. I just pushed with a pencil at the edge of the LCD until it started to come away, once it started to come away I could the get my finger nail and peel the LCD screen off of the camera case.
Once you have removed the LCD, just make sure nothing has been left on the edge of the case, is use a screwdriver and ran it along the edges to just clear of any remaining stick debris.
Now get the new LCD screen and remove the clear plastic cover protecting the self adhesive edges, then place the LCD onto the camera case and apply pressure around the edge with your fingers. Do make sure the LCD is the right way up based on the position you noted earlier.
That's it, put it all back together and plug in the 2 ribbon cables and it should all work fine.
Good Luck

Thanks a lot for your help. It will save my camera!

Enviado do meu ONE E1003 através de Tapatalk

Cant turn on wifi without screen? My screen yi 4k has broken, huhuhu
Please help, thanks

Cant turn on wifi without screen? My screen yi 4k has broken, huhuhu
Please help, thanks
Create a autoexec.ash file in the root of the SD card with the following content.
t wi-fi restart

Start the camera and voila !

Hi guys
I know that the topic is kind a old
but i found how you can enable the wifi
and i hope this will be helpfull

This is the video i made
Sorry for my bad English

Hi guys

This is the video i made
Sorry for my bad English

Great! Works! Thank You very much :D

Hi guys

This is the video i made
Sorry for my bad English

Thank You Jadestudio for this video.

Unfortunately I don´t know anybody who has got another Yi 4K. That means that I am not able to create a "system.pref.upload" file. I would be very gratefull if you could upload that file somewhere in the internet(Dropbow, Google drive, etc)?

Thanks

Hi guys

This is the video i made
Sorry for my bad English

Can u share
Hi guys

This is the video i made
Sorry for my bad English

Please upload a "system.pref.upload" file.
Many thanks.

it is in the description of the youtube video there are 2 files

are you sure that you are using the same Firmware 1.4.23
couple of people had their 4k fixed

it is not going to work with latest firmware maybe later i will upload the new file

don`t give up so easy :)

what version is your Yi 4k , 13 or 14 ?

Last edited:
It is not working for me. Anyway, thank you very much.

You need to create "system.pref.download" in sd card.
Then turn on yi 4k, wait for a moment.

And then edit with notepad++.
#89 wifi_auto_start=0x00 changed to 0x01 (00 = disable wifi, 01 = enable wifi)
rename the "system.pref.download" to "system.pref.upload".
Restart yi 4k.

Noted: you need to show extensions file for make "sytem.pred.dowload without .txt extensions file.
This work for all firmware.

Set wifi frequency in your smartphone to automatic or 5ghz.

Dont forget to format your sdcard with yi app cam (if you cant record/capture)

Thanks JadeStudio~

Last edited:
Thank you very much to
are you sure that you are using the same Firmware 1.4.23
couple of people had their 4k fixed

it is not going to work with latest firmware maybe later i will upload the new file

don`t give up so easy :)

what version is your Yi 4k , 13 or 14 ?

Thank you very much to Jadestudio and dhittoarief for your support. The problem was that I was using an SD card wich ws full of files (no space). I was getting that message in the screen,k but as it is broken, I was not able to read it. I have just changed the sd card and it has worked!

Regards.

You need to create "system.pref.download" in sd card.
Then turn on yi 4k, wait for a moment.

And then edit with notepad++.
#89 wifi_auto_start=0x00 changed to 0x01 (00 = disable wifi, 01 = enable wifi)
rename the "system.pref.download" to "system.pref.upload".
Restart yi 4k.

Noted: you need to show extensions file for make "sytem.pred.dowload without .txt extensions file.
This work for all firmware.

Set wifi frequency in your smartphone to automatic or 5ghz.

Dont forget to format your sdcard with yi app cam (if you cant record/capture)

Thanks JadeStudio~

Everything great, but what to do if I have phone with 2.4Ghz only? How to change default Wi-Fi chanel in camera? I tried autoexec.ash with something like this:

t app key stop_wifi
t app key start_wifi ssid YDXJ_XIAOMI 2.4G

Without luck, script seems not work at all (yes, it is in linux format, and yes it has empty line on the end). Any sugesstion?

Back