whitebalance/aperture control

domechrome

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any thoughts or suggests on how to compensate for the white balance / shutter slow response. As you can see in the video I understand that driving into the sun any camera will struggle, but seems like once it moves away it had a hard time to recover. At the start of the video the camera is very blue until a cloud overhead attenuates the light a bit. At 1:38 you can see the white car in front is washed out even though no direct sun. I know I could lower the camera angle down, but being a black car causes other contrast problems. Any thoughts?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/spgz1d85r9qsi7x/2017_0607_170457_793.MOV?dl=0

have you tried changing the angle of the cam and/or any of the other AE options?

If i point the camera down the contrast against the black car causes confusion for the cmos. I did try to lower the AE setting down a little but then at night it appears too dark so I have left it at 0

If i point the camera down the contrast against the black car causes confusion for the cmos. I did try to lower the AE setting down a little but then at night it appears too dark so I have left it at 0

AE, not EV, two separate functions

The manual really doesnt explain much about the different settings in that menu. Which would be the best for that situation?

you could try one of the other AE metering options*, try this in combination with changing the aim as well, might take a bit of trial and error to find the setting you like best

*assuming you're on at least the latest release version of the firmware already

I did upgrade the firmware already hope that it would help, It did slightly but still not as much as I had hoped. I will try changing the metering, Can you give a brief explanation of what each option is since its not mentioned in the manual.

default prioritises the center of the image, low cut ignores the very bottom, full frame is equal all over, aim it down a bit and try low cut, it may work better for your situation

there's no absolute one size fits all setting regardless so a bit of trial and error is needed to see what works best for you

Back