Power Magic Pro (Parking Mode)

John Drake

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Please help me. I have installed a two was blackvue dashcam all works great front and rear. I have also installed the PMP into and landrover discovery sport.

I have used fuse 52, ciger lighter for switch feed and fuse 57 interior lamps for constant power.

It is set to 11.8V Infinity.

My question is why am I getting no parking mode videos when I connect to wifi? I mean my drive is small with cars passing frequently and people walking, why is the dashcam not powering up and filming this.

Getting so frustrated as if someone did bump me I feel the cam would not capture it.

Info much appreciated.

The interior lamp circuit probably shuts off shortly after you lock the car.

How often do you drive the vehicle? I wouldn't set it to 11.8/infinity myself, as I wouldn't want to run the risk of it non starting.

As mentioned power gets cut off, this is very common on cars as most these days have BCM body control module these do "timer" function amongst others, set to 11.8 will in my experience be fine and if in good order will still start

Best is to never run a car starting battery lower than about 12.4V as this will shorten it's service life :( If you can accept the cost trade-off a 12V setting will usually be enough to get the car started reliably. Anything in between 12.4V and 12V is IMHO a better compromise ;)

Phil

Back