SG9665GC V2 "Card Full"

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A139, M1S
My GC v2 is running the latest firmware (SG20161128.V3), and using the supplied Transcend 64GB card. It has run trouble-free for 9 months since I bought it, apart from one issue last week. Immediately after booting up, the screen displayed the message "Card Full" and was not recording. It waited a few seconds on standby, then shut down and restarted, going through the same loop again and again.

I tried unplugging the power, waiting a while, then plugging back in, but the issue persisted. I do use a 3rd-party USB supply for my front and rear-facing cameras, the Anker PowerDrive 5, which appears stable but I could be wrong. However I also tried using the supplied power cord and the same "card full" message appeared.

I checked the card at home. All the recordings were OK right up until I had stopped the car on the previous drive just a few minutes earlier. I'm running H2testw now to check the card.

I reformatted the card in the camera and have not seen the card full message in the last week of driving, which has been more than enough to fill the card and begin looping the recordings. The camera & card now appear to be working normally again.

Glitch on the card maybe, if they do that anytime usually a good idea to do a full format (rather than a quick format) in the PC back to factory fresh state, this will generally put things right, then format in the camera

Did a full format on the PC just now before running H2testw. If it happens again, I'll try another card.

Back