SGZC12SG V2 Pro GPS Issue

Dan S

Reaction score
Country
United States
SGZC12SG V2 Pro
Firmware 1.02.03
GPS receiver is always enabled. There is no option to disable the GPS receiver.

Not like Panorama S which the date and time stamp is on the top, SGZC12SG V2 displays all the info, date, time, GPS, & G-sensor, at the bottom. The SGZC12SG V2 OSD can be turned off. This will also turn off date and time stamp.

In case of Panorama S & SGZC12SG V2, both G-sensor and motion sensor can be enabled/disabled. However, there is no option to disable GPS receiver in SGZC12SG. It seems to me that this is very unusual.

it's made SG is the most easy used dashcam i've ever seen.

In case of Panorama S & SGZC12SG V2, both G-sensor and motion sensor can be enabled/disabled. However, there is no option to disable GPS receiver in SGZC12SG. It seems to me that this is very unusual.

actually it's more typical that GPS cannot be disabled, we also did a non GPS version for people that didn't want GPS logging

actually it's more typical that GPS cannot be disabled, we also did a non GPS version for people that didn't want GPS logging

It seems to me that there is a way to disable GPS info display without impact on date & time stamp. Just like Panorama S, put date & time stamp on the top and OSD at the bottom for speed, GPS, & G-sensor info. When OSD is turned off, the date & time stamp is still on the top. This could be achieved through firmware update.

technically it may be possible, not something that we will be doing though, no further development is possible on this platform, the chipset is no longer produced or supported

Back