Run of the mill accident

DAP

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Two Viofo 129 PRO cameras and a Tesla Model 3 4 Channel
a boring rear ending on the onramp to the 101 freeway from Trimble Rd. in San Jose, CA
I created a Youtube account for the sole purpose of publishing this, and this is my 1st attempt at publishing a video, so let me know if I screwed anything up.

nothing screwed up, you'll have nicer videos in future if you don't put that white thing whatever it is on your dash that is reflecting in the window

I see the brake lights, but I don't see him slow down!!!:confused: Not until the impact, anyway.

I am familiar with this intersection. think he thought he could use the shoulder lane to get to the on-ramp to the highway, but the car in front of him stopped too soon.

nothing screwed up, you'll have nicer videos in future if you don't put that white thing whatever it is on your dash that is reflecting in the window
I have just started making sure I don't leave anything on dash due to reflections, I even cleaned my screen today and the camera lens after taking off mounting but wires are fiddly to get back in due to fat fingers, I am going to cover the area around the clock, centre top of dash with some felt to help just wish I could get a dash mat but can't for my car

I need to darken the color of My A-Pillars they cast a nasty reflection off my windshield.
Any recommendations? The Cheaper the better!

can anyone give me feedback on my dashcam video?

I wasn't too happy about the pickup coming from behind me and cutting me off from the left turn lane. what do you think?

I think stuff like that happens everyday, having video helps though, had you hit it would have been your word against his as to what happened

I think stuff like that happens everyday, having video helps though, had you hit it would have been your word against his as to what happened

Yes absolutely and its part of the reason why I installed two dashcams. Too many careless drivers in my part of town!

Yes absolutely and its part of the reason why I installed two dashcams. Too many careless drivers in my part of town!

careless drivers are everywhere, not just your part of town, bad driving isn't new, just cameras ;)

might help to align the rear camera correctly though just to make things easier on the eyes when reviewing anything you capture

Regular old spray paint, or have them dipped in water transfer could be anything you want then, I have covered car parts in film before now from model shops that are used on aeroplane wings all nice colours available, it's called doping/dope, not of the smoking variety ha ha

Back