Toyota 4runner rear camera mount

Rave

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any one installed f770 back camera on a Toyota 4runner? Since the back window can move up and down, the rear camera cannot mount on it.

That's a problem! The only hope you may have is like the attached. Attaching it to the roof but looking out of the rear window if possible. We have done this on a couple of vehicles the main issue is if you are loading a lot or large items often in the boot as it more liable to get knocked off.

Attachments

• 2015-Toyota-4Runner-Limited-cargo-space-03.jpg
    2015-Toyota-4Runner-Limited-cargo-space-03.jpg
    646.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thank you Maddog1974 I am going to take that path since I really overload my truck. After install I will post some pics.
Thanks again.

I fitted one inside a bit of plastic tube, after I cut a "window" in it with dremel, drilled 2 x 8mm holes one at each end throungh which a screwdriver goes, 180 degrees opposite a 3mm hole for the screw screwed into the area at rear of roof as this is always double skinned, the cam has thin foam tape around it to make it snug but this stops the vibration, sits horizontally, cam can be taken out of tube easy if needed but very well protected like this as well.

I fitted one inside a bit of plastic tube, after I cut a "window" in it with dremel, drilled 2 x 8mm holes one at each end throungh which a screwdriver goes, 180 degrees opposite a 3mm hole for the screw screwed into the area at rear of roof as this is always double skinned, the cam has thin foam tape around it to make it snug but this stops the vibration, sits horizontally, cam can be taken out of tube easy if needed but very well protected like this as well.

Sounds like a good idea. Can you post a picture of your install? Thanks.

2016 4Runner
Front camera mount – +Bat. wire connected to the front power seat fuse & Acc connected to power outlet fuse.
front.PNG

Rear camera is mounted on a 1 ½” Aluminum bar stock purchased from Home Depot. End of it Bended
To accommodate the rear camera to be mounted. The front end is attached with a screw removing the roof liner tab and thru the roof liner to the hood.
rear.PNG

Rear Camera view from the cabin
cabin.PNG

Front Video

Rear Video The window lines are visible but I can live with it

Sounds like a good idea. Can you post a picture of your install? Thanks.
I didn't take pictures at the time, it was actually on a Ford Bronco, from memory might have been a blazer did it for a GI, I will see if I can get piccie he said there was no vibration issue or anything and worked well it was around 3 1/2" to 4" long from memory.

Back