"Failed to update settings. Please try again later"

tfboy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post, I wish it was more positive!

I don't appear to be having much luck with my camera. At first, I couldn't see live view settings although I could edit the settings.

Now, I've changed phone (I was using a Sony Xperia Z, I have now switched to a Motorola G4 running Android 6). I can see the live view of the camera when connected to it, but I can no longer save any changes at all.

I've tried everything I can think of including:
Reformatting the SD card using the PC application
Deleting and reconnecting to the Blackvue
Disabled 4G data on the phone in case that was the problem - so now it's only connected via WiFi to the unit

I noticed the problem running 2.005, so I upgraded via my mobile (Motorola G4) using the latest version of the Blackvue C app, now rebadged to just Blackvue. It's v2.50

I also noticed that the files on the SD card were read-only, so I changed that in case it was the cause of the problem, but no change.

I have opened a support ticket with Pittasoft a few days ago, but no response yet.

Obviously the app can connect to the Blackvue as I can see all the recordings, etc, I just cannot seem to save any changes at all. When I do, I get the error message. This appears regardless of what settings I try to change (brightness, quality, volume, etc). The error message comes up instantaneously after tapping the "Save and close" button. So it's not as if it's a timeout.

Has anyone else had this?

Attachments

• 7.png
    7.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 7
I have not seen that before. What kind brand and model micro sd card are you using? Have you tried to format the card in the camera? If format does not work, put in the Blackvue card that came the camera. When you said files are read only I remember reading that when Sandisk ultra fails, they go into a read only mode.

I don't think it's an SD card problem. The card is the 16GB Blackvue-branded one that comes with the camera. It records files OK, I can see them in the app / in the PC if I take the card out and plug it into my PC. I haven't tried formatting the card in the camera, I just did it via the viewer app that was recommended by Pittasoft.

The read only comment was just something I noticed when I put the card in the PC: all the files were marked as read only. However, changing that on the PC doesn't make any difference to being able to save the config in the camera.

I wonder if it's a but with the app on android / with my phone. I'm pretty sure I was using the same v2.50 of the app on my previous phone where I could save without problems (with firmware v2.005). I'll have to try with another phone to see if it makes any difference.

Interesting!
I can "save the changes" as long as I don't make any changes!
Once at the main screen (1), I tap the config wheel icon top right.
at (2), I select the first one
at (3), I then go into any sub-menu which takes me to 4.
If, at that point, I go back to (1) without actually making any changes and tap the save and close, it uploads and reboots!
If I make any change, I get the error message.

edit: The "cloud" bit works. I can have the camera connecting to my home WiFi and receive the push notifications on my mobile. Why can't you configure the camera over the cloud WiFi? It would be so much easier than having to faff around with connecting to it directly.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    170.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.png
    2.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.png
    3.png
    184.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.png
    4.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 4
First post, I wish it was more positive!

I don't appear to be having much luck with my camera. At first, I couldn't see live view settings although I could edit the settings.

Now, I've changed phone (I was using a Sony Xperia Z, I have now switched to a Motorola G4 running Android 6). I can see the live view of the camera when connected to it, but I can no longer save any changes at all.

I've tried everything I can think of including:
Reformatting the SD card using the PC application
Deleting and reconnecting to the Blackvue
Disabled 4G data on the phone in case that was the problem - so now it's only connected via WiFi to the unit

I noticed the problem running 2.005, so I upgraded via my mobile (Motorola G4) using the latest version of the Blackvue C app, now rebadged to just Blackvue. It's v2.50

I also noticed that the files on the SD card were read-only, so I changed that in case it was the cause of the problem, but no change.

I have opened a support ticket with Pittasoft a few days ago, but no response yet.

Obviously the app can connect to the Blackvue as I can see all the recordings, etc, I just cannot seem to save any changes at all. When I do, I get the error message. This appears regardless of what settings I try to change (brightness, quality, volume, etc). The error message comes up instantaneously after tapping the "Save and close" button. So it's not as if it's a timeout.

Has anyone else had this?

I had the same problem (Failed to update settings. Please try again later.) from my android phone. I switch to the BlackVue App for IoS on my iPad and I can save to the SD card!

Back