A119 - First impression - vibrations and disconnects

HeePee

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119 V2 + GPS
I got my first and new A119 delivered today. It's absolutely stunning! I run it on 1440p. Wonderful colors, very sharp, lots of detail, smooth, as if you watch a movie. Three words; Way above expectations!

I had a Mio Mivue 618 before. Not bad at all. But, what a difference!

There are just a few things that need fixing.

First of all the glare. There's lots of reflection of my (ribbed) dashboard on my windscreen that's being picked up by the A119. Much more than my Mio Mivue 618 did. So, I ordered a GPL filter today. I hope that will fix it. I know it's much better to put something (like a black 'carpet') on the dashboard but I want to keep the car as it is. I hope the CPL filter will do the job.

The other thing is vibrations. When I am standing still at a traffic light, the screen (on play back) vibrates a bit. Not that much, actually not much at all, but enough to be noticed. It's probably because the A119 is attached straight to the windscreen, without a 'suction cup'.

Are there any tricks or mods in preventing this type of vibrations?

Last thing is an issue with connecting the A119 with the data cable to my Macbook Pro. When I copy over the video files or when I watch the video (with my mac) from the A119, it disconnects (after a minute or so) from my Mac and immediately re-establish the connection. But, yeah, by then, the file copy already failed or the video player stopped playing. So, instead, I remove the SD card from the A119 and put in into the Mac. All problems solved but of course not how I want it to be.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this 'disconnecting' issue?

Cheers.

Last edited:
It is the V2. I attached the GPS module to the windscreen ( I removed the sticker from the GPS module and push it against the windscreen and it stuck) and slice the A119 into it.

Last thing is an issue with connecting the A119 with the data cable to my Macbook Pro. When I copy over the video files or when I watch the video (with my mac) from the A119, it disconnects (after a minute or so) from my Mac and immediately re-establish the connection. But, yeah, by then, the file copy already failed or the video player stopped playing. So, instead, I remove the SD card from the A119 and put in into the Mac. All problems solved but of course not how I want it to be.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this 'disconnecting' issue?

Cheers.

I personally don't connect the camera direct to the computer, I always pop out the card and use a card reader. But in your case, Are the USB connections on your Mac 2.0 or better? Possibly try a different usb cable?

Thanks @BlackCloud. I tried a different usb cable and that solved the problem! So, the usb data cable out-of-the-box is faulty. Thanks for the tip!

Back