nanoQ 0903 hardware update

they do actually have some engineering capability these days, but you are correct, it's a hardware fix that is needed, not a software workaround

yes it is hardware fault, the RTC battery damaged by heat. the MS412FE battery on board can only work -20 to 60 degree C, but the PCB heat it to 70 degree.
that is why we are sourcing MS612T, which is high temperature model up to 85 degree C

If cam.Date < DataTime.Date then
cam.Date = DataTime.Date
cam.Time = DataTime.Time + 1s​
EndIf.

yes this method was used on 0806 card switching,
in 0906 RTC, this can only be a temporary solution but not solve the problem, as the Date/time is also not correct there.

in 0906 RTC, this can only be a temporary solution but not solve the problem
Hi Rayman, but I am talking not about 0906. I am talking about nanoq 0903 RTC persisting problem after soldering 220R resistor.

Is it possible to release a new firmware, in a month, with mentioned date/time saving/restoring function ?
This cam is useless when it can't even clean scdard because of the small RTC battery.

Last edited:
From my point of view pins are in opposite site...

yes we found this mistake on the end of Apr, then changed the PCB design accordingly.
it is quite a shame our engineer made this basic mistake.
that came from a hardware engineer we engaged from a famous Novatek developping team.

all the PCBA which marked V0.3 and V0.4 have to do this modification.
903.jpg

@Rayman.Chan do you plan to release firmware with RTC fixes or you are just ignoring this thread ?

sorry if the post is not linked me with the @ I will not easily find it.
this problem is not about firmware update, but a hardware mistake. see my last image above.

@Rayman.Chan I have V0.2 board and I also added 220R resistor.
I have the similar nanoq version as lacibaci nanoq dissassembly thread.

Firmware with date/time saving/restoring function would help even if the RTC battery is soldered to the wrong pins or goes empty too fast.
It is really frustrating that the cam can't clean the sdcard and after accident you have no video, because of that.
Correct date and time are secondary if you at least have the recordings.

made this basic mistake
RTC battery is soldered to the wrong pins

I soldered RTC battery as in Rayman's photo and looks like now problem disappier. For sure need more time.

Of course the firmware function update for RTC battery ensure 200% of video saving. I hope it will be in new FW :)

I found in my mess a capacitance, like in here
I replaced a original battery to it. Will try to check how it can save a clock.

P.S. I going to disconnect a WiFi power pin. May be a source a noise, who damage signal from GPS satellites, is a WiFi

Attachments

• IMG_20170712_101944.jpg
    IMG_20170712_101944.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 42
I have read above.
In my mess I had only capacitance :)
May be a your accumulator is better. I don't know
The original capacitance did not work.

P.S. Did You add 220R to diod, as wrote in first message?
I have read a data sheet for your accumulator. The maximum charge current is 0.1mA. For 220R a charge current is (2.7V-2V)/220R = 3.2mA
(2.7V is output from diod, 2V is minimum voltage for your accumulator)

Ok. May be a your accumulator will be live very long time. Or not.
Time will show.
P.S. I would raise a cathode of diode and add between this pin and pad a SMD resistor 2K.
But after this procedure a time of charge your accumulator will be about 16 hours

the WiFi doesn't to generate a noise for GPS
The my 0.1F is not work too.

Today someone hit my car with a door in a parking lot.
When I went to check the camera, who parked in that side, the nanoq 903 said that the memory card is full.

I painstakingly check, every time I go for a trip, that dashcam date is correct.
So RTC isn't the problem, the SD card cleanup code is broken.

SD card has 59 files from 13-16.07 , the last file shows, really over exposed video, how I leave that parking lot.
But before that there is a gap.
Also the last file is 6.35 min which is over the 3 min time limit and file size is 615mb instead of 282mb.

I'm really pissed, I will never buy your products @Rayman.Chan again, nor will I suggest them to others.

Back