DR650S Lens Elements Configuration

Devar

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So I am a bit of a derp here, but I was trying to adjust the focus on my DR650S-2CH's forward (main) camera. I took of the surrounding clip part, then unscrewed the main screw bit. To my dismay, even while doing it carefully, I did a silly thing and just kept unscrewing. Now I've got the external lens element, and two internal elements and a spacer.

I for the life of me cannot figure out which order or orientation they are meant to go back in, because no matter what configurations I've tried it doesn't seem to fit right.

Can anyone please help with my silly mistake?

Photos as follows, also an external gallery is available on imgur.

I've noted that the spacer has a thick and thin side, the hole for the lenses in the barrel has two tiers in width, so I've figured the larger lens goes at the top, and the smaller & spacer goes at the bottom toward the image sensor, but the configurations I've tried ends with the elements sticking out of the top of the thread by ~1.5mm, so I can't screw the outer element into it's housing spot correctly, it doesn't screw on anywhere near as far as it's meant to go.

IMG_4046.JPG IMG_4047.JPG IMG_4048.JPG IMG_4049.JPG

Less than 1/2 a turn would have been enough

Less than 1/2 a turn would have been enough
Yeah, I know. But this doesn't help me now does it. :D
I think I did it because in the guides for the 650GW I'd seen, it says to turn it clockwise a bit, but it wouldn't budge that way. So I went counter clockwise. Then I figured I'd just go for it, since I do like taking bits apart, but getting these elements back together just has me stumped. I must be missing something!

Last edited:
Indeed. It's gotta go back together somehow. Is there anyone out there who wants to disassemble theirs a little more carefully than happened with mine, documenting exactly the orientation and order of parts? :rolleyes:

Did you ever find a solution to your problem?

:eek:

Pretty sure the DR650S has a fixed focus lens, and so if one gets an out of focus unit they'd do best to consult their vendor for warranty service.

Back