Thunderstorm and lightnings

I do love lightning, but after having a hit some 20 M from me when i was a kid, then i have a natural respect for it :eek:
So if we are chasing lightning then its not often i go outside of the car

I do love lightning, but after having a hit some 20 M from me when i was a kid, then i have a natural respect for it :eek:
Smart from you,everyone should have more respect to nature.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

when i was a mechanic, lightning hit a tree about 20 feet from the shop. i had just picked up a piece of window tint to start putting it on the glass when it hit. after the boom (which knocked out power) i remember getting up off the floor, and seeing everyone else getting up too. needless to say i had to cut a new piece of tint for that window.

another time when i was a kid, i remember mom driving us somewhere... sitting at a red light, and lightning hit a big pine tree at the intersection. again, we all instinctively ducked and slowly got back up and started looking around. about that time, bark and pine cones started hitting the car, since the tree had partially exploded. all traffic had stopped, even the people who had a green light.

the weird thing about both of the strikes is that it was NOT raining when it hit. it had been raining earlier, but not for a few minutes before the strikes.

it's a hell of a sound when it's that close.

Back