10 Amp ATM Mini Blade Fuse Add-A-Circuit Fuse Holder?

Yotrek

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
F750
Would this one safe to tap into 15A in the fuse box? since it says 10 Amp limit, thanks

I think the amperage of the fuse you tab into matter little, but the MAX mentioned are probably the max for the additional circuit, and if you are just going to use that to power a dashcam or 2 then you will not go anyway near that MAX.

Thanks, because I someone mention somewhere, that I cannot use 10A add-a fuse holder and plug it in 15A slot in the fuse box..this is the reason I am asking to be safe, yes this just to power up dash cam and I will put 5A fuse on the dash cam end.

You should check the manufacturer's specs if you can. In the US many of these sold at retail are 'Bussman" and their specs are on their webpage. Not sure what to tell you if you bought it online. I'm fairly certain that like Bussman the rating is for the added circuit but I can't say for sure.

Phil

The 10A limit on add-a-circuit fuse taps is because of the output wire (usually 16AWG). This limit only applies to the added circuit.

The original fuse is just extended out and largely untouched. It should do up to 30A, assuming the fuse tap conductor is good quality and making a good connections.

Thanks all for the explanation ..

Back