firmware 6.08

0906 is a Hot camera, in more ways than one :)

Hot0906.jpg

Never had a thermal shutdown.

Indeed, that or the 0906 are made with a pooload of flame inhibitors in the plastics.
Meaning if i was to make a baby now it would come out purple and with 3.5 arms.

Is there a way to program the camera to not record GPS speed once it hits a user selected speed. For instance do not record/display the MPH/KPH at the bottom of the screen if the user selects 75MPH/KPH but resume the record/display at 74MPH/KPH and below.

Is there a way to program the camera to not record GPS speed once it hits a user selected speed. For instance do not record/display the MPH/KPH at the bottom of the screen if the user selects 75MPH/KPH but resume the record/display at 74MPH/KPH and below.
No. I have never heard about a feature like this.

I recall there was a feature to stop showing the real speed onscreen and in video once it exceeded a set limit. I think this was mini0805? But I dont remember
But I also dont know if the real speed was still included in the gps log file

During my dash cam research I think I saw it on a 1KS system. Thought it would be something interesting. Yeah the real speed should still be logged in the GPS files but the speed wouldn't show up on the video playback.

That should never be added.

If you ever need to use the video as evidence and a lawyer is able to show that 0906 video can't be trusted on it's speed display it will also put the rest of the image content in doubt and may get your evidence thrown out of court even if you are not using the speed display!

Actually this was a Mini 0803 feature:
I just mirrored it (and 20140725as well) on my page.
Menu settings additions: Speed stamp limit, power off delay

If you ever need to use the video as evidence and a lawyer is able to show that 0906 video can't be trusted on it's speed display it will also put the rest of the image content in doubt and may get your evidence thrown out of court even if you are not using the speed display!

True....I guess it can go both ways.

a few cameras that sell in Russia have this 'feature' as a menu option, once the preset limit is hit the speed is not displayed
I have seen a lot of Russian dashcam video. I think there need a dashcam function, that limit them to drive max 50km (Permanent default setting).:oldman:

You can always use registrator viewer to strip the GPS meta data from the video, but do be advised your speed can always be ascertained from a given measurable distance in the footage and the time it take you in the video to cover that distance.

If general if you are recording, you better do your best to be on your best behavior.

Here a night video that compare a119s and mini 0906.
There is no cpl on a119s. wdr is on.

I would suspect that reading is not too accurate

yes agree. that is what we were working on this week. the temperature shown maybe 30C departure there.
the temperature detection will be totally improved and the updated tolerance will be +/-2 degree C in the production version.

yes we ever discussed this when we release mini 0806.
it will be easy for us to add some logic codes there like "if speed >75, disable speed_stamping", only minutes work,
but, once this feature released, the camera will be on the black list of lawyer.

our mission if "keep the drivers safe" and "let the dash camera record accidents caused by others not by yourself"
this function will never been added to our branded camera.

Here a night video that compare a119s and mini 0906.
There is no cpl on a119s. wdr is on.

interesting.
which program are you using to combin the videos?

Back