Utah Highway 128: SCENIC OVERDOSE; Feels Like Driving Through the Grand Canyon

as usual, a wonderful video. wish youtube hadn't murdered the clarity - watching on the big screen makes it feel "soft" and lacks a lot of detail in the canyon walls.

music selections were spot on though!

next time we go to colorado to visit dad, we'll have to make it more than just one week so we can go over to utah and visit some of these places.

Thats something else than driving along our "river of the gods"

I am so going to log a lot of miles in that area if i ever get the chance.

(y)(y)(y)(y)
I can repeat my self again. Very nice video and place.

as usual, a wonderful video. wish youtube hadn't murdered the clarity - watching on the big screen makes it feel "soft" and lacks a lot of detail in the canyon walls.

music selections were spot on though!

next time we go to colorado to visit dad, we'll have to make it more than just one week so we can go over to utah and visit some of these places.

Thank you very much! And yes, the softness was indeed a bit unfortunate. Next time, I definitely should capture this highway again in 4k. I just recently watch a 4k YouTube video on my 1080p laptop screen. I was surprised by the level of sharpness! It turned out, even though my laptop is only 1080p, streaming in 4k really made quite a difference.

Thats something else than driving along our "river of the gods"

I am so going to log a lot of miles in that area if i ever get the chance.

Oh, I guarantee you will log those miles very quickly. This was the "shortest" 40 miles I had ever driven. I enjoyed the drive so much, time just flew by.

Oh, I guarantee you will log those miles very quickly. This was the "shortest" 40 miles I had ever driven. I enjoyed the drive so much, time just flew by.
Thanks for sharing that route. I followed your lead to Monument Valley last fall, and I am going to visit this one as well.

Thank you very much! And yes, the softness was indeed a bit unfortunate. Next time, I definitely should capture this highway again in 4k. I just recently watch a 4k YouTube video on my 1080p laptop screen. I was surprised by the level of sharpness! It turned out, even though my laptop is only 1080p, streaming in 4k really made quite a difference.
I've heard of some people using their editor software to render the final video in 4k even though the source was only 1080p. That way YouTube compression won't kill it so bad.

I've heard of some people using their editor software to render the final video in 4k even though the source was only 1080p. That way YouTube compression won't kill it so bad.

Smart idea. I have never thought of that before!

True i accidentally mixed a 1080/60 file into 4 K and the way youtube handled it was much better for the 4 K recording.

Walking Fie in 1080----> 4K

Same footage in the original 1080/60.

I probably used the same 30 mbit bitrate for output on both files in my pinnacle studio 20 ultimate.

Last edited:
Back