FORUM FEEDBACK

No .. I don't use Tapatalk .. see people using it .. but have no idea what it is.

I use a Motorola 4G Lte (1st or 2nd Gen .. 2014-5?)

No .. I don't use Tapatalk .. see people using it .. but have no idea what it is.

I use a Motorola 4G Lte (1st or 2nd Gen .. 2014-5?)

use the do not disturb function on the phone and you can select what will and won't beep at selected hours, mine will only give notifications between 7am and 10pm

Tapatalk here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en is a great app for using forums, I use the paid version but even the free version will do a good job

Thanks .. hadn't checked Notifications on my phone. Nice one. No more being woken up in the middle of the night.

I'll look into Tapatalk a little more .. and get some feedback.

Cheers for the Heads-up

Just saw the latest GearBest Ad in the Forum

Do these Companies actually pay for giant ads like this one .. or do they get to Spam the forum for free?

Are 'GearBest' forum Sponsors or something?

Just curious??

Last edited:
they spam for free, there are no forum sponsors, they are allowed to promote their store but only in the appropriate section (China resellers)

I've figured out what this Forum needs - A live Chat Column down the Right Side of the page so that anyone can chime into the conversation or have several going on at the same time.

It's a winner - Yeah?

How about a Trial?

Who agrees?

That's 1,5,100, 500, 2,000, 50,000 .... Unanimous! ;D

I've figured out what this Forum needs - A live Chat Column down the Right Side of the page so that anyone can chime into the conversation or have several going on at the same time.

that can work on a huge forum (500,000 plus members), on smaller forums it's the death of the place, I've seen it happen, it totally stifles public discussion and you lose the searchable nature of posts which then screws with Google indexing

If there is a chat feature implemented I do not want it integrated into the forums pages. Those are distracting at best and usually so far off topic that you have to check that you are where you thought you were at online :rolleyes: I prefer the long deep thought time which forums give as that allows you to consider everything where most chatrooms are moving too fast for anything but shallow conversation. And I type slowly with lots of mistakes to correct before posting :p Heresc whayt youd see fom me ins a charttoom :eek:

Forums may be old-tech but they are still the best way to gather info and share thoughts from everyone world-wide :D

Phil

^ The Tribe have spoken ^

Thanks for coming folks :D

Suggestion

Up at the Top of the Forum page under the category of 'Dash Cam Discussion'

.... I reckon there should be a seperate category for 'Which micro SD card?' so that peeps can go straight to it and get information rather than it being scattered throughout the forum

It would be easier for newbies as well as regulars to simply go to that category first on the front of the Forum page at the Top. Currently - If you want to know which micro SD card to use - it is not mentioned on the main forum page ... well, either that ... or I just can't see it :D

Just putting it out there for consideration.

Last edited:
I am getting this error a lot in the past 24 hours, dont really get it but its in every browser i have tried.
DCTerror.jpg

I was getting the same error yesterday as well.

I was trying to respond to @SawMaster's hidden camera thread and I couldn't get it to accept my input. Even when I removed ALL links in my post the error would still appear. There was something in my plain text post that the forum was wrongly detecting as a shortened link. Only when I removed most of my two paragraph post could I get past the error warning. Finally, I was able to post two separate brief posts with most of what I originally intended to say omitted but with the same links, one in each post, did it finally work. Seems there's likely a glitch somewhere on the DCT server.

I had the same issue trying to either quote/reply to one of @kamkar1 's posts. Failed two or three times. Closed and restarted my browser (Firefox) and all was fine. Just wrote it off to local gremlins on my system but maybe that wasn't the case.

I had the same issue trying to either quote/reply to one of @kamkar1 's posts. Failed two or three times. Closed and restarted my browser (Firefox) and all was fine. Just wrote it off to local gremlins on my system but maybe that wasn't the case.

I quit and relaunched my browser (Firefox) but it didn't help at all. When I pasted the same text back into my post in the restarted browser I got the same error message and it didn't go away until I posted different text.

Yes but there are no links in my posts.

I got another post to work yesterday by deleting a smily in it, and the above in the pic have a sneaky feeling that's its the ( name & sir name ) that set it off.

Relaunching firefox or trying edge did not help in the case above in the pic

Back