hardwire Thinkware F770 and Cellink B V2

gantavya

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am a newbie in this matter. I need help on how to hardwire Thinkware F770 and Cellink B V2. Previously, I had hardwired my dashcam and parking mode was working fine. But recording time was very limited because of my battery. So, I bought Cellink v2 battery. But the problem now is that I only have continous mode and I found that it was storing only last 1 hour of dual-cam footage even though camera was still on (because of auto-rewrite). I need to have atleast 8 hours of footage (which seems impossible even when I use 128GB card) or the video (via G-sensor) if someone hits my car (which seems to solve my issue, given that Thinkware prompts me of incidents during parking mode when I start my car). In the parking mode, G-sensor was working before but now I found that G-sensor does not work when camera is in continuous mode and the vehicle is stopped. G-sensor works when the vehicle is moving though. So, this is not good for me. I am unable to find any tutorial on how to connect Thinkware dashcam and Cellink v2 and still get the parking mode. Only information I found was to splice the wires which is not of much help to a newbie like me. I really need help on this matter. I would really appreciate it if anyone could point me to a detailed tutorial on his setup.
[I posted this issue to F750 thread by mistake. It was not my intention to spam the threads] .

You may have already gotten your problem resolved, but I thought I'd respond anyway. You can order a pre-spliced cable for the Cellink and Thinkware from BlackBox MyCar. They do charge a small fee for this, but since I'm a newbie on that sort of thing myself too, I was more than happy to pay it. You will probably need to buy the Thinkware hardwire kit cable and the replacement Cellink cable though so that they can splice cables from their own stock, but they're not too extraordinarily expensive. You can call them ahead of time to figure out the details.

Hi I am also having the same problem with my think Thinkware F770 & Cellink B V2 together and parking mode not working. I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. If connect from Thinkware F770 using provided cigarette male to female socket to Cellink B V2 parking mode will not working. But if I connect from Thinkware F770 using hardwire kit spliced to female socket Cellink B V2 parking mode will work. Is this correct?

How often do you use your car ?, certainly if every day why not just simplify things and connect to cars battery I do this with cut off voltage set to minimum and even after 2 days starts perfect, sorry can't help with cell link as don't use such expensive products, I have set some up with LIPO jump starter packs doing the same job for around $20 even better they do duty as jump starter phone charger packs too

I use F770 every day, not a problem if I want to use it when driven only but as my car park at work (8hrs) is a different story. I love to hardwire F770 directly to the car but after google, found that some car have problem with low battery warning, some battery go bad after several months and some don't have problem at all. As connect F770 to jump starter pack, I am not sure if parking mode will work including super night vision (work in parking mode only). I think it will continue recording all time. Let say one hour, I want to be able to review only when it detected motion when someone walking by and scretching my car and don't have to look through 60 video files (front cam only, one min. per file).

how does the cellink work in respect of the voltage cut off on the camera?
since you can not turns this off at all (just adjust the level) wouldn't that mean
that ther cellink batter never gets complete drained?
or does the voltage level on work when hooked up to the actual car battery?

The camera doesn't know what the supply source is, it will only record for 48hrs max OR until battery level falls to user preset level in parking mode.

so this means that if i put it at lowest (11.1 i think?) it will still not drain the cellink completely?
and there's no way to switch this off on the camera...

Can't comment on what "drained" is for cellink but on the camera it will stop sucking electric/turn off as soon as 48 hours OR the lowest voltage thresh hold is reached which I think you are right in saying is 11.1, on that basis I cannot understand why people fit cel links with this cam, there is no way to adjust to any other setting on cam other than NO parked recording

Back