Brand New unit; not working :( screen frozen

rawn77

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,
I just received from Amazon, my A119.
When turning it on, the screen stays frozen with "VIOFO" in red on the LCD.
The same happens with (brand new Lexar 633x) SD card inserted, or not.
Any clue to what I can do?
Thanks in advance.

Ron

The fix for this is to re-flash the firmware. Download it from http://viofo.com and click on support

You should use a 32GB card to do the firmware update if possible.

The fix for this is to re-flash the firmware. Download it from http://viofo.com and click on support

You should use a 32GB card to do the firmware update if possible.
Thanks; but it gives me options on what to install based on existing firmware.
I have no clue what version I have since the screen is frozen.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Install the latest firmware from VIOFO.com doesn't matter. (even if it's the same one already loaded) You have a corrupted firmware and re-flashing fixes your problem 99% of the time.

Install the latest firmware from VIOFO.com doesn't matter. (even if it's the same one already loaded) You have a corrupted firmware and re-flashing fixes your problem 99% of the time.

OK, will do. Thanks!

After running down to my BestBuy and buying a 32GB micro SD; I uploaded the most recent firmware; and voila! My unit is now working.
Thank you very much OCD!!

I have the same problem.

Just received my Viofo A119. I connect it to power to turn it on, but it never gets past the red "VIOFO" startup message. I have tried to flash the latest firmware but can't do so. I have tried to flash the firmware using 5 different micro sd cards - I reformatted them using the computer, can't get to Viofo menu to format them using the the camera. I put the LDBA119.bin file in the root of the micro sd card, put the card in the camera, and attached the camera to the computer. I never see the "Mass Storage Mode" mesage on the camera, and the micro sd card never shows up as a disk on my computer. I've tried different computers, different cables, no luck. One of the cards is a 32GB Samsung, that should work, right?

Any ideas how I can flash the latest firmware?

If you are formatting cards on the computer they need to be 32GB or you won't have the proper FAT32 system in 64/128 cards.

Also try re-downloading the firmware from a different web browser maybe the download was corrupted

You can try formatting the card with this special fat32 utility.

http://download1722.mediafire.com/q5eb2bzeyfng/1uoxmceff5tvo27/FAT32-Formatter.rar

Thank you OCD, I tried formatting the SD card with FAT32-Formatter.exe. Put the ldba119.bin file in the root, connected the camera, still stuck at the VIOFO startup message. "Mass Storage Mode" never appears.

I checked the MD5 hash on the LDBA119.BIN file, several different downloads, they all match.

Maybe the fault in the A119 prevents it from reading the card? I don't suppose there is a way to format the firmware from the PC via USB connection, rather than from the BIN file on the sd card?

Try using a USB card reader to transfer the bin file over rather than connecting the cable to the camera via mass storage mode.

Not sure what you mean by "format the firmware"

Also dont power via computer USB. Use a wall charger from your cell phone.

Try using a USB card reader to transfer the bin file over rather than connecting the cable to the camera via mass storage mode.

Not sure what you mean by "format the firmware"

my mistake, I'm brain dead, it's been a very bad tech day! Flash the firmware!

I put the micro sd card in a card reader, copied the BIN file to the sd card that way, put the card in the camera, attached the camera to wall charger, no luck. "VIOFO" message only.
my mistake, I'm brain dead, it's been a very bad tech day! Flash the firmware!
Also dont power via computer USB. Use a wall charger from your cell phone.

Well I must say I've been very stupid. I kept waiting for a confirmation that flashing the loader bin file had worked, but just having the loader bin flashed wasn't going to get me past the VIOFO message. Flashed the FWBA119.BIN file, and voila, the A119 is working! Thanks for your help !!

Back