What is the tissue tape with the A119 for?

SteveFitz1

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is probably a very dumb question. I received my VIOFO A119 (2017 V2) today. In going through the box, there's a couple of pieces of 3M Double Coated Tissue Tape. There's no reference to this in the Quick Start Guide and I've not seen mention of it anywhere. Can someone tell me what the purpose of this tape is?

Thanks.

This is probably a very dumb question. I received my VIOFO A119 (2017 V2) today. In going through the box, there's a couple of pieces of 3M Double Coated Tissue Tape. There's no reference to this in the Quick Start Guide and I've not seen mention of it anywhere. Can someone tell me what the purpose of this tape is?

Thanks.
Maybe your referring to the EVA foam pad? Is it black? Viofo is now supplying EVA pads with the A119/A119S. You stick it to the back of the camera and it will create a tight fit between camera and mount.

Maybe your referring to the EVA foam pad? Is it black? Viofo is now supplying EVA pads with the A119/A119S. You stick it to the back of the camera and it will create a tight fit between camera and mount.

It does look somewhat like a 1.5in x 1.5in black pad that is extremely thin. On the paper on the back, it reads 3M 9448A Double Coated Tissue Paper. I just did a quick Google search and found some pictures similar to it where it was referenced as EVA Foam Pad.

Looks like you nailed it. Thanks for your response.

Use it like this:
eva.jpg

I bought some from Amazon for $10. Applied it to my A119. Nice snug fit, and no more intermittent restarts.

Then I took a trip to the desert. After about 10 minutes, the restart problem came back, so I just unplugged the supply from the GPS mount and plugged itinto the A119. No more problems.

Sure wish I could get my $10 back though. For my 2 cents, forget using the tape, just use the camera's power connection rather than the GPS's.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hiccups A119 28