A119 - Dash + GPS module, Last file not saved (Corrupted)

Ah! Those files will play in the camera. And now on the laptop. Problem solved, thanks.

But why does this happen and how can it be corrected?

Some users have had this issue with aftermarket cables. Also, are you using a GPS V1 mount?

I'm using the oem cable and adapter. Unfortunately I cannot tell if I'm using a v1 or v2 gps logger. The logger was shipped separately, I had ordered the a119 with logger but did not receive that unit, the vendor shipped the logger as a separate unit, after the fact.

I just now tested things in the car and everything seems to work alright now. Thanks for your input.

If you have the V1, don't power through the GPS mount. Power the camera directly. GPS will still function.

A119 V1 GPS.jpg

I had this same exact issue with my A119 unit. I realized the issue when I was involved in an accident and the camera did not properly save the last file (most important file). Turns out the camera was defective and had a faulty capacitor. The red Record light would shut off immediately as the power was cut. Received a replacement and the red light remains on for a few seconds while saving that last video file.

I followed CYA's advice and plugged the power cord directly into the camera, and not the gps logger (which as it turns out is a v1 model). So far it seems to be working well. I was also experiencing a humming sound which appears to have corrected also.

Just to follow up. The camera appears to be working well now, no issues. I am disappointed with the gps logger/mount though.

Many thanks to you guys that helped out.

I think the GPS add on for the A119x is a point a failure, most like would have been better to have it just built in, or just have 2 models.

From what I have read I would agree with you. I have the power plugged directly into the A119 camera now, and everything works well. In my cas,e I believe the gps logger/mount is defective.

From what I have read I would agree with you. I have the power plugged directly into the A119 camera now, and everything works well. In my cas,e I believe the gps logger/mount is defective.

If you have the A119 V1 and bought from OCD Tronic we are happy to exchange it for an A119 V2 (updated GPS mount, new flex connectors instead of spring pins)

You'll also want EVA Foam to keep things from moving around long term for added reliability.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...va-foam-pad-to-your-viofo-a119-dashcam.28902/

Thanks for the kind offer, but I bought my A119 from a different vendor through Best Buy.

Well gentleman,brand new camera A119C V2 from Banggood.The last file was always missing.Updated to latest 3.1 firmware.Original installed was 2.04.The same phenomena happens :last file is lost,no matter settings.After taking power off,the power button still lights up for 3 sec.I just ordered a second camera for my wife...What now?

Last file corruption is usually a capacitor problem, the lights should go out immediately though if that were the case, unusual that you're not seeing that, are you sure your memory card is good?

Well,after firmware upgrade ihave also noticed that the saturation of video is too big because a kind of noise can be observed on dark areas of the images and the colours went 2 tones shaded,not so vivid as before.This is definitley not a hardware problem.

Back