Pics that make you smile

Found these seasonings in a gift shop in Schulenberg, TX yesterday.

IMG_20170625_162415~01.jpg IMG_20170625_162409~01.jpg

Didn't buy any though... I prefer these, which I discovered completely by chance on a business trip to Chicago. And no, I don't prefer them just because of the name - it's actually really good on steak and salmon and sauteed veggies, well actually lots of things.

74-4-thumbnail.jpg

OED ( Oxford English Dictionary ) just entered the Danish word Hygge to its arsenal :)

So now that's officially a English word too, then they guys just need to pronounce it correct using the phonetic guide, and its not "higgy" or hoo-gah"

Anyways i hope all my internet friends get some hygge in their life :cool:

We don't believe you. :p
i DID go into the restaurant because of the name, and it seemed pretty fancy... autographed pictures of celebrities all over the walls...

then i got the menu (which was the kind printed daily on a single piece of paper, since prices/options change i guess)... it listed a bunch of different steaks, starting with "Large Porterhouse . . . 80" and going all the way down to "Small Filet . . . 35". none of them listed a weight of the cut, just large or small. my per diem didn't allow me to get anything that expensive so i just got a half-rack of ribs for 20. they had the seasoning salt on the table, and it was good on the mushrooms, so i asked to buy a bottle. when he brought my bill, i pointed out my last name on my credit card and asked if i got any sort of discount, with a goofy smile and deadpan laugh... not really expecting anything. he smiled and said he'd see what he could do. turns out he gave me an extra bottle of the seasoning salt for free. he got a nice tip from me. though compared to his other tables, my tip was probably pretty small.

thankfully i can order it online so i don't have to go back to chicago just for a refill.

OED ( Oxford English Dictionary ) just entered the Danish word Hygge to its arsenal :)

So now that's officially a English word too, then they guys just need to pronounce it correct using the phonetic guide, and its not "higgy" or hoo-gah"

Anyways i hope all my internet friends get some hygge in their life :cool:
am i gonna get in trouble for looking up that word on my work computer? :p

O no, you might get in trouble for implementing it at work, cuz hygge is about gearing down and relax

Hygge is as Danish as pork roast and it goes far in illuminating the Danish soul. In essence, hygge means creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people. The warm glow of candlelight is hygge. Friends and family – that’s hygge too. There's nothing more hygge than sitting round a table, discussing the big and small things in life. Perhaps hygge explains why the Danes are the happiest people in the world?

Thats pretty much the problem in a nutshell, and this is also why we are failing as the people we vote for are hellbend on pleasing us and not rock the boat.
BUT ! the boat need one hell of a rocking, and for that we need people that are not bend on pleasing the masses.
And thats why i argue any good political party or person will not last long, cuz the stupid masses will not like the changes, and so they will not vote for the person / party again,,,, at least not anytime soon.
The great danger is that in between regulars will come to power and rule out all good changes made, and so status quo will be in place.

I drive a Suzuki Splash, so i have contemplated to get 2 sets of the lettering for the model name on the hatch and transform my Splash to a Hash but i would really like a capitol H and i cant get that.

Besides i really should ditch that pothead humor as its after all 4-5 years i have been clean now.

I drive a Suzuki Splash, so i have contemplated to get 2 sets of the lettering for the model name on the hatch and transform my Splash to a Hash but i would really like a capitol H and i cant get that.

Besides i really should ditch that pothead humor as its after all 4-5 years i have been clean now.

You still sound like a stoner. :D:D;)

Anyway, why can't you find a capital H?

Edit: Hey @kamkar1, I found where to get that H........http://chromecarletters.com/3d_chrome_lettering.html

Maybe i could if i branched out to other car brands, but i am not sure the font would be similar.

I could also get a pice of brass plating, and saw/file it out polish it and have it chromed to match the other letters on the back if my little car, but that's too much work for a pothead joke.

Also contemplated Suzuki Splash,,,,, in your face, but then i need to get / fab more letters, or completely abandon the original Suzuki letters and have a sign maker whip me up something i could stick on the hatch.

When the focus first came out in the states, it had a couple trim levels - SE, EX, and SEL. Someone got a couple of badges and made his a Focus SEX. Caption on the pic I saw way back when was "finally, something worth focusing on!"

Another one back in the 90s - one of my neighbors bought himself a brand new Ford F150. When he left the Ford dealer, he drove across the street to the GMC dealer and bought a Jimmy badge for the tailgate. Because that was his name. :p:rolleyes:

When the focus first came out in the states, it had a couple trim levels - SE, EX, and SEL.

Not unintentional, I'm sure. Marketing men never stray too far from their old tricks.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back