Firmware 1.005

mauanfa1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone have a copy of this or any older firmware than 1.006 for the 2ch 650s?

I didn't know I could use the 1.004 from the IR camera setup, thank you!

You may discover that you can't ..... & if that's the case - & you put an earlier flash set onto a newer hardware set than it was designed for ... things could go very strange .... I'll cross my fingers for you
[emoji15]

Last edited:
snsjets, 3 folders down, seems to have had some success downgrading to V1.004.

I was able to put 1.004 on it with no (apparent) issues and managed to find 1.005 as well - I was having issues where 1.006 wouldn't exit parking mode correctly and was giving me tons of notifications

Hi mauanfa1,
I was having issues with Parking Mode too on 1.006. I installed 1.004 from the link above and it works better. Where did you find 1.005? I could not find it on the BlackVue site.

What issues are you having?

With 1.006 my DR650S-1CH would stay in Parking Mode longer than it should - it wouldn't switch to Normal Recording until 1-2 minutes down the road. Normally it exits Parking Mode shortly after I start driving. I successfully downgraded to 1.004 and the issue is gone.

Interesting. Mine seems to come out of parking mode reasonably quickly, but I upgraded as soon as I got the cam since I wanted the manual-record trigger and never used it with the factory 1.004

For anyone interested - I sent an email to Pittasoft regarding the Parking Mode delay issue. They responded stating that there have been some identified bugs in 1.006 and a fix is coming with 1.007.

For anyone interested - I sent an email to Pittasoft regarding the Parking Mode delay issue. They responded stating that there have been some identified bugs in 1.006 and a fix is coming with 1.007.
this is why Peta soft gets such a horrible Marks on the Android play store site. It's also the reason we never bothered to go up to version .6
[emoji6]

Hey, has anyone been seeing video corruption in v1.006 on the DR650S? I'm having a lot of video glitches with both front & rear cameras, parking and normal modes. Files copy fine and I see the same issues on two different memory cards, so that rules out a card fault.

Thanks for any input.

Nevermind, I've replicated the issues in v1.005 (thanks for posting it @shimon10121 !) and am even seeing a massive amount of hot pixels after parking in the sun for three hours. Kudos to BlackBoxMyCar for super quick responsiveness and assistance with starting the RMA process.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A DR650S 0
JasonAz DR650S 4
B DR650S 11
netnode DR650S 0
Back