Red Light Stays On

EdMcK

Reaction score
Country
United States
The red light on my Mobius I no longer blinks when it's operating as a dash cam. Tried pushing the reset button but the red light is still constant (after blinking three times when power is first supplied). I have a capacitor installed and everything was working fine until today. I checked the settings and can find nothing amiss. Obvious I did something wrong but I don't know what. The red record light should blink as I drive down the road, not remain steady. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Just a thought, but how about removing the battery from the möbius unit itself wait a few seconds then put battery back in and turn it on and see what happens?

The red light on my Mobius I no longer blinks when it's operating as a dash cam. Tried pushing the reset button but the red light is still constant (after blinking three times when power is first supplied). I have a capacitor installed and everything was working fine until today. I checked the settings and can find nothing amiss. Obvious I did something wrong but I don't know what. The red record light should blink as I drive down the road, not remain steady. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Is it recording at all? Did you checked? Is it in your set default mode? I'd do another re-set and do a msetup again. Just to see if the fault clears.
Could be sd card's faulty. Try another.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try another card but still the red light blinks three times when powered up and then stays on (not blinking like it should). Nothing is being recorded. Also just noticed that the yellow light is also on. I've tried the reset button twice and uploaded new settings, all to no avail. I've been using this little gem as a dash cam for two years; maybe it's time to step up to a Mobius 2.

I have one with a capacitor installed that is doing the same thing. It's a few years old with a lot of use. I'd tried reflashing the firmware, switching caps, etc.
Next step is trying a new supercap. Heck, for $8, why not?

I haven't heard good reviews about the möbius 2 some stay it's a step back from the möbius 1

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. I did try another card but still the red light blinks three times when powered up and then stays on (not blinking like it should). Nothing is being recorded. Also just noticed that the yellow light is also on. I've tried the reset button twice and uploaded new settings, all to no avail. I've been using this little gem as a dash cam for two years; maybe it's time to step up to a Mobius 2.

Still think it's sd card. Either card's faulty, full, or something prevents camera from recording. Format card in camera to Fat32 and try again. Post picture of your Msetup settings.

Yep, I also read that the Mobius 2 might be a step back. I ordered the standard model, should be here before we leave for Traverse City next week. Meanwhile, I'd still like to get my issue with this old Mobius figured out. I've tried two SD cards but neither resolved the problem. Now thinking about removing the capacitor and reinserting the battery. Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.

Back