DOD RC500S - Out of Focus!

bobby kenobe

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The front camera of my RC500S-2CH is out of focus. I recently purchased the camera an have upgraded to the latest FW. The rear view camera seems fine , but the front camera is constantly out of focus/blurry.

I was hopping it would be an issue fixed with the new FW upgrade but thats not the case. There doesn't seem to be a way to correct the focus of the lens/camera, or is there a way to do it? Or could this be a faulty lens issue?
Any feedback much appreciated!

Greetings ... no doubt someone will be along to assist you. Plenty of help around here.

Only way id to take the camera apart, pry loose the lens ( unscrew ) that is supposed to be fixed in place by a little blob of glue.
And then manually refocus the lens again, probably in a location close to where it is now.
This is most easy to do id the camera have a HDMI out so you can connect it to a TV so you can better see where the fosus are.

There are plenty of videos on youtube in regard to refocus action cameras that use the same kind of lens.

will just be human error, set wrong during manufacture, it happens unfortunately

speak to whoever you bought it from about getting the front camera replaced

Back