Definitive answer on whether a 128GB card works in the 770?

looking on amazon vendors state the class 3 is a older version which seems odd to me why the older 3 at 30mbs is replaced by a slower 10mbs!!,

Sounds like those vendors are idiots.

BTW, update on my 128GB PNY card -- I'd previously posted it'd worked for a while then failed out with a continuous format-card announcement while refusing to format the card.

Having read @flip9's post I went into the card on my mac and deleted the file which marked the last format date. I think it was actually a .bin or something.

Suddenly the card started working again in my F770. Format button works and everything.

I'm still considering which dashcam I'll put in my new funcar, but this stupid bullsht with Thinkware and memory cards is pushing me towards a DR650S instead of Thinkware.

EDIT: Just to follow up -- the PNY Elite 128GB card ended up dying, cooked to death. PNY replaced it under warranty but I'm not planning to put it back into a dash cam. My PNY Elite 32GB card has also now died.

Last edited:
Understand your frustration, the Blackvue can be a bit finicky with cards also, something to be aware of

I bought a 128G Samsung EVO+ the other day. It worked fine out of the box.. formatted in camera and worked for a few days without issue. I pulled it out last night as I just wanted to see/verify the recordings and was curious to see what the parking mode caught. Now it won't work on re-insertion. I either get the looped "insert a memory card" or "memory card error."

Can't seem to get it recognized again. I've tried pushing the format button on the camera, re-formatting in computer (both windows and mac).

Wondering if anyone else has seen this and has a fix of steps to get it to work again? I'm going to try unformatting the card (I'll probably use dd to wipe the FAT) and see if I can then put it in the camera and push format in it.
Which one did you bought? UHS-1 or USH-3
I got 128GB UHS-1 two days ago which seem to be the one that everybody said it would work and it did. I did not get any error massage but today when I try connect F770 with my cell phone it would not let me; hot sunny day out side; but it did before. I found on this website said that F770 might have problem if micro sd card not Thinkware brand. That being said I took Samsung EVO+ out and put Thinkware 32GB in and able to connect F770 with my cellphone again. Turn F770 off and take Thinkware card out put Samsung EVO+ back in and magically it still let me connect. It is a pain if I have to do this every time when I cannot connect to F770.
I have not use parking mode yet.

Last edited:
The most annoying bit I find with the F770 is the startup delay 40-42 seconds, ok most of the time I'm usually faffing around doing something else, but so annoying when you just want to go, I stopped the chasing biggest GB cards ages ago I just use the thinkware 64GB and it is perfect.

Yes my is about the same, I only use 32gb when driven. As for high GB card only need because I cannot get parking mode to work yet. Other wise 32GB card will do the job.
But I dont undetstand why thinkware micro card are so expensive?

I assume the reason they are expensive is owing to thinkware seemingly having done something to the cams to make them fussy or non functioning with other brands of cards, so leaving them the only reliable player as they see it for cards for thinkware so screw you over a bit more simply because they can ?

I've been running with my 128gb Samsung evo+ for nearly a year now.

Besides recently finding out about changing the formatdate file to remove the format message, it's been running like a champ. Had a couple of weeks of pretty hot days for the UK, 32+°C and no memory card problems

Back