Looking for a 128GB microSDXC card to work with the y2 cam

kakarotto

Reaction score
Country
Albania
I'm a little bit frustrated I can't find anything about compatible 128GB cards for the yi 4k cam... I just bought a Toshiba sd card to find that it is not compatible with the yi2 cam...

No matter what I do it says "SD Card Error". I formatted it several times to exFAT on Windows 10 as well as with fat32format.exe to FAT32 with no success. I did a "clean" with diskpart and repeated the formatting steps but no success at all. There are others that have the same problem.

Xiaomi claims the yi2 cam supports up to 128gb but only recommends 64gb cards (e.g. 64gb sandisk extreme/pro/plus cards)!! Btw I already found out that even a sandisk extreme 128gb U3 card is not working with the yi2 cam (while the 64gb version works flawlessly)!

I stumbled on another comment in the internet stating a "Netac 128gb" micro sd card will work, but that's the only piece of information on 128gb cards I found so far.

Anyone else having issues? Can anyone plese tell me which 128gb card will actually work? Thanks!

Last edited:
I have the same problem. None of my cards works with YI 4K.

Have you solved it? I appreciate if you could let me know if you did. Merci.

Attachments

• sc cards.jpg
    sc cards.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 8
Make sure you have updated your firmware to the latest version.

Failing that, test your card with h2testw. Your card also has to be fast enough to keep up with the camera. You can test the speed with a number of programs.

I have been using 128gb Lexar 633x with zero issues for almost a year.

have you updated to the latest firmware? after doing so, my Toshiba U3 128Gb works great. p.s. if u do have not done, use any microsd (eventually the one you have in your phone, if Android) tu update the firmware, and then insert the 128Gb card...

Back