upgrade from A118C?

canadave

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've had a SpyTec A118C in my car that's served me well for over a year now. However, I'm selling the car, so I'm going to leave the dashcam in it and get a new one for my new car.

I wouldn't mind getting a slight upgrade, but reliability and "no hassle" is the most important thing for me--I'd rather have a reliable cam with lower specs than a cam with great specs that has a 50-50 chance of crapping out in 3 months. I see there's an A119 and A119S, and wouldn't mind getting one of those, but are these less reliable than the A118C, generally speaking? I've done some reading and that's the impression I'm getting, but maybe I'm wrong...?

Also, I'm toying with the idea of adding a rear cam as well. The new car I'll be getting is a 2017 Nissan Rogue, which of course is an SUV, so I'm trying to picture how the rear cam would be mounted. I guess the only place that makes sense is inside the back glass of the SUV's hatch, but would that cause issues for the camera if the hatch is being slammed down occasionally?

Last edited:
Back