drops last clip

pixelmonkey

Reaction score
Country
United States
have 3 mobius cameras. have worked great over the last 3 or 4 years i've had them in operation.
updated to the current firmware release.

recently noticed one camera will drop the last clip being recorded.

*driving 20 minutes. each clip is 3 minutes in length. clips look great, but the last file saved in to minute 18. the next clip, minute 18:01 to 20:00 is dropped.*

is this a known issue?
is it the battery failing?

Swap cards with one of your other Mobius cameras. If the unit in question doesn't act up with the other card, then it's the battery. Does the camera go off as soon as power is disconnected?

identified 2 of the 3 as having a bad battery. WOOT!

replacements on ebay the way to go? or is there a different / better source to purchase them?

Banggood is cheapest and slowest. Buymobius.com or eletoponline365 selling on Ebay will be faster- they are official sellers. Just as easy to plug in supercaps but you'll need to adjust a few settings. My hot climate took out my Mobius battery in a couple months time but the caps I put in are still going strong.

Phil

identified 2 of the 3 as having a bad battery. WOOT!

replacements on ebay the way to go? or is there a different / better source to purchase them?

(y) I saw the thread topic and was about to post it's your battery. I went through the same thing a year or two back.

I bought one of the larger capacity batteries from Banggood and it swelled up within 3 months. The original batteries lasted a lot longer and never swelled up- they just lost capacity.

Back