SanDisk Ultra 200GB works in the SG9665GC with in camera formatting

Three months in with a lot of driving and it's still working - I might as well update this every few months :)

The heat is probably one of the issues in Australia mate
how about now ? how long have you tested it ? is it still good in the end ?

Had a few reports of this one falling over months latter. (doesn't happen to everyone though, plenty of customers have been happy for sure)

You're better off using Samsung EVO U3 cards as of today long term. (so far so good on these)

how about now ? how long have you tested it ? is it still good in the end ?
The 200GB card is still working here - I've been using it in the SJ7 Star most recently with no issues and that has a much higher bitrate than the SG9665GC so chews through the card quicker.

I wonder if it will work in the fussy F770 ?

Ha ha me neither, hoping my mate might buy one then I can try it!!

Thinkware have locked a lot of cards out in firmware, there's not too many non Thinkware cards that work, the list seems to get shorter all the time also as even if a card looks the same the cards themselves often have internal hardware and firmware changes so what works for one person won't necessarily work for another even if all else seems to be the same

I don't think it is a good way to encourage return customers

in one respect I understand their logic behind only working with specific cards as it removes a lot of unknowns from support related issues, it is however not great from the customers perspective

The thing I find odd is that I would be willing to bet thinkware do not have their own factory making their own cards, so they buy them in from someone but who, and are the thinkware cards made slightly differently to all others ?

The thing I find odd is that I would be willing to bet thinkware do not have their own factory making their own cards

of course they don't, as an OEM customer though the card firmware can be written to their requirement, even other cards made by the same supplier can be locked out in firmware

that sort of stuff is crap, i wouldnt get a cam that had those restrictions.

Back