compact cam powered by mini USB

CorNut

Reaction score
Country
United States
My previous cam died, it was powered by the larger MiniUSB, not MicroUSB. I was shopping around and found a couple I like, the BlackVue DR450 and it's powered by a round AC adapter type plug, and the Goluk T3 but it's powered by MicroUSB. I like those both because they're discrete/can be hidden but I'd like to not have to rewire my car. Do any of you have/know of similar cams that are powered via MicroUSB? I like the idea of being able to keep my new cam hidden by my rear view mirror. I don't mind if the cam is WiFi like the Goluk or BlackVue. Thanks all

that's a good point in case I can't find one that uses the MiniUSB that's there. There's 90's too so I can get an angled one if it makes more sense depending on which cam I get. Those adapters open up the possibility of the Goluk T3. It seems to get decent reviews, its lack of a screen doesn't bother me, A screen is better for quick viewing but the WiFi makes it easier to make copies.

...A screen is better for quick viewing but the WiFi makes it easier to make copies.
Most people have found that WiFi is a bit slow for transferring large files. Pop the card out and view/copy on a computer.

My VIOFO A119S uses miniUSB. Unless I misunderstand what you mean by miniUSB. I have seen three different USB port sizes that are smaller than a regular USB

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

My VIOFO A119S uses miniUSB. Unless I misunderstand what you mean by miniUSB. I have seen three different USB port sizes that are smaller than a regular USB

you're right. the A119 does use mini USB. I previously had a mini 0805 in the spot that it took and I used a micro-USB to mini-USB adapter to avoid running a new set of wires as suggested by DT MI.

I think if you take the camera off its mount and install it many times / often, then the micro USB plug are actually the best option as it support more plug/unplug times then the mini USB.
But other than that then it dont really matter much which plug you have on your devise.

That said i have become pretty fond of the USB C plug on my phone :cool: i would like to see that plug on more devises.

Back