Parking mode is OFF but continues to record

Deadpool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have had my M6+ since December and it's worked pretty much flawlessly up until a couple weeks ago when I got a new car.

The problem is when I switch the car off the dashcam it keeps recording full videos constantly, I only just noticed this because an incident occurred and I took the SD card out to check and seen 20 hours worth of HD video of my street.

I have parking mode turned off and the camera is hardwired to the fuse box, could the issue be the fuse it's connected to? I have a 2014 Ford Mondeo and I've used the radio fuse slot (used the same slot on my 2011 Fiesta with no issues).

Hello!

The fuse you've connected to seems to be always on, hence the street being recorded for 20 hours while you're not driving the car. You would need to move the positive connection to an accessory/ignition switched fuse, i.e. the cigarette lighter. You can use a voltmeter to see which fuses are on when the ignition is off and which ones are on when the ignition is on. You're looking for a fuse that is off when the ignition is off and on when the ignition is on. Hope this helps!

-Aaron

Hi,
Please check your hardwire cable. Because camera didn't get ACC signal from your hardwire cable, then the camera will keep recording.

Hello!

You can use a voltmeter to see which fuses are on when the ignition is off and which ones are on when the ignition is on. You're looking for a fuse that is off when the ignition is off and on when the ignition is on.

-Aaron
Please check your hardwire connecton,and it is the exact way to solve it!

I suggest you turn on the parking mode.

My DDpai M6+ is working correctly, as advertised. It is installed in a 2011 Ford Edge which has an always on 12v source and I use a Samsung Note 4 phone.
I have the unit set for 15 minutes of video after parking and 6hrs for power off.
Wednesday evening I parked the car in our garage at 19:41.
Video clips continued until 19:54 (approximately 15minutes).
The unit then switched to time lapse photos until 01:44 (approximately 6hrs).
The unit then shut itself off until I started the engine, approximately 8:49am.

Back