Basic good video quality dash cam for 100$ range

Yeahish

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there!

I would like to purchase a dashcam and I'm confused of all the options.

I'm looking for a simple good dash cam.
what's important for me it should have, is
  1. Suction mount (as I plan on moving it around cars)
  2. Good day\night video quality (I should be able to read license plates when necessary)
  3. If possible an additional inside cam to record me (the driver)
  4. Auto start recording
  5. Loop recording
  6. Lock button
I don't care about discretion, or GPS, or parking mode (I don't plan on leaving it overnight in car) or any fancy features.

My budget is around 100$

Thanks in advance!

While I was getting so many answers to my question, I managed to read and read and read, and I am considering the voifo a119S combined with their suction mount (I don't need GPS, remember? ;))
Is there anything comparable to that for about the same price range?
Thanks

I think the A119s has some 'problems', while the A119 has a track record that is ok to good.
You may want to look at the new Viofo wr1, also.

I think the A119s has some 'problems', while the A119 has a track record that is ok to good.
You may want to look at the new Viofo wr1, also.
Thanks for the reply!

If you don't mind could you please elaborate on the "some problems" the a119S has?

Regarding the wr1, thanks for mentioning it, I read up a little bit on it and it seems that it's not what I needed for once I don't like that I need a smart phone for my dash cam also I need good night vision as when i do drive it's usually for 7 hours straight and at night.

Also could you recommend any other good day\night camera's for the same price range?

Thanks!

The A119S v2 is a pretty good cam overall and may be the best in this price range. Ditto the A119 v2. Most of the problems were with the v1 versions of these cams ;) The A119 does noticeably better in daytime while the A119S is noticeably better at night. Study the vids and decide which way will be best for you. Some things to be aware of with these include that you may need to plug the power lead into the cam and not the mount (v2 has a redesigned mount, with the v1 this is mandatory) and that currently the firmware seems to be over-sharpening the images which will likely be resolved in the next firmware update or two. Some have also experienced color-shifting in certain conditions though this seems to be somewhat rare.

With any cam, it's best to read its specific forum and related threads to see what others are experiencing before you buy. The perfect cam has never been built and never will be; all cams have a few issues going on which vary in number and seriousness. Number plate capture is never a given with any cam, but some generally do better than others. Based on what I've seen here in DCT and elsewhere I'd be happy buying either of the v2 cams if I needed it, but that's a choice you have to make for yourself.

Phil

If you like the 'traditional' format dashcams, the Ausdom AD282, and A261 are nice, pretty reliable and usually $80-90 on amazon. Night video is adequate to good.

Back