DOA Viofo A119S

(Doesn't explain why I was getting bad shutdowns when I was powering it in my house... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
could be a loose USB cable end or bad cable or bad power adapter or not enough power from your adapter.
if you had a multimeter you would have at least some answers if not all.
I power up my cameras from power banks and I figured that 28/24AWG miniUSB cables from Monoprice work better in my setup than the provided 22AWG cables. and in my house some miniUSB cables work from a power bank but not from a wall charger (I have 2 brand new ones).

could be a loose USB cable end or bad cable or bad power adapter or not enough power from your adapter.
if you had a multimeter you would have at least some answers if not all.

That's most likely it. I just assumed that the included adapter / cables would work. I'll have to borrow a multimeter to check!

This morning the provided adapter failed in the other port, so now I'll just use my phone charger cig adapter, and if that fails, hopefully I'm still within my return window.

I power up my cameras from power banks and I figured that 28/24AWG miniUSB cables from Monoprice work better in my setup than the provided 22AWG cables.
Got any specific links for cables that definitely work for you?

and in my house some miniUSB cables work from a power bank but not from a wall charger (I have 2 brand new ones).
I thought the whole point of USB was that they were Universal :D
Could it be that your wall chargers don't output enough voltage or current?

Got any specific links for cables that definitely work for you?
sure: Monoprice 15-Feet USB 2.0 A Male to Mini-B 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable, that's on Amazon. I have also 12ft from Monoprice and it's a little bit short. and my car is small. :eek:
I thought the whole point of USB was that they were Universal :D
yeah, but some are USB 1 only, or USB 2 only etc.
Could it be that your wall chargers don't output enough voltage or current?
that's not possible! :eek: I tested / re-tested all my chargers / adapters, most old ones (cigarette lighter socket adapters) provide 0.5A only, and they have no marking on them, so unless you test them with a multimeter you have no idea what amperage they provide. the maximum amperage draw I saw while charging my power banks from a wall charger - up to 2A, even if connected to a 2.4A ports on a charger. and if ;) I have a power bank connected to my Bestek during driving it charges itself at 0.59A maximum while powering up the camera - today only one camera per one power bank - still tuning the whole setup. :)

Back