Hardwire = No run ****** with Adapter= runs perfect

Raymar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Attention: Friendly Techs out there:...."Help is needed with my installation" ... on a Honda Pilot I hardwired and have to manually turn it on and then it goes on off after a while, ...few seconds later or less then a minute, it will go off.... When I use the adapter cord and run it the the power socket... it runs perfect and stays on/ Wifi works and the GPS kicks in... I hate to remove and do this wiring again, but I am afraid I have a bad hardwired cord... and will have to hardwire the adaptor plug.... I tried placing both wires together to a ignition source with hardwire but it will go on and then shut off again, but when I use the adaptor plug tapped into the same source ..it works ...is there a setting that could be causing this to occur ? I have a Viper keyless system in my car and just wondered if anyone had the same issues with there installation or camera...
And I do want to Thank you in advance to any suggestions on this thread... thanks for your help

If the camera runs ok with the adapter connected to the same power source where the hardwire kit is connected, either it has a bad connection or the hardwire kit's adapter is broken. The only way you can verify it is to measure the HW kit's voltage output in the plug, if possible. If you have the 5V there, then it's possible that the HW kit doesn't supply enough current (Amps) for the camera's needs.

If the camera runs ok with the adapter connected to the same power source where the hardwire kit is connected, either it has a bad connection or the hardwire kit's adapter is broken. The only way you can verify it is to measure the HW kit's voltage output in the plug, if possible. If you have the 5V there, then it's possible that the HW kit doesn't supply enough current (Amps) for the camera's needs.
Thank you, ... Module79L.... It seems you are correct. the hardwire was tested and the tip has a 3 point distribution of contact and one of them was not making contact... I have contacted the vendor and they will replace it. Thank you for your quick reply to my help and to "DashcamTalk.com" blog for their help to allow this post. ...there is nothing worst then taking apart your vehicle interior components only to do again due to a defective item.... next time I will test before permanant installation.... Thanks again

Glad I could help. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N F770 4
J F770 3
Gil F770 8
M F770 3
flip9 F770 4
Back