How to apply the 0.5mm 3M EVA Foam Pad to your VIOFO A119S DashCam

Here is a new ~> 1 star review <~ for the foam.

My response:
This foam won't fix the V1 connection flaw some experience, it just keeps the image stable. (and prevents wobble/rattle/noise) If you bought your A119/A119S V1 from OCD Tronic we are happy to exchange it for a new V2 under warranty.

I'm going to start making helpful videos on the new OCD Tronic Youtube Channel. (Subscribe!)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZmGjjkqJuAROrV9NmTGkXA

Here's the first one.
(Camera in the video is an A119, not A119S but same connection on the back)

All new VIOFO A119S include EVA pads in the box, if you need some search Amazon for A119EVA or B072DS2DW9

Just bought an A119S from y'all and the installer didn't install these pads (I still have them though).

What are these for?

Just bought an A119S from y'all and the installer didn't install these pads (I still have them though).

What are these for?

Thanks for your business.

The EVA Foam is to prevent video/audio noise. The curvature of the glass will slowly pull the edges of the plastic mount. A small gap will develop over time. The EVA Foam fills this gap so you can enjoy stable video, and rattle free audio recordings.

Thanks for your business.

The EVA Foam is to prevent video/audio noise. The curvature of the glass will slowly pull the edges of the plastic mount. A small gap will develop over time. The EVA Foam fills this gap so you can enjoy stable video, and rattle free audio recordings.
Great - thank you!

I installed the foam just after I got the dash cam. This made the camera stable until today, when I noticed (that even still with the foam installed!) a significant wiggle between the mount and the camera.

Can I install another layer of foam on top of the old one, or should I take the old foam off first? What would be the best way to do this, if I do need to remove it?

I noticed (that even still with the foam installed!) a significant wiggle between the mount and the camera.
I see that on my front camera too, just after about 2 weeks of installing the foam pads. and after installing the foams I did remove the cameras from GPS mounts about 2-3 times only.

I installed the foam just after I got the dash cam. This made the camera stable until today, when I noticed (that even still with the foam installed!) a significant wiggle between the mount and the camera.

Can I install another layer of foam on top of the old one, or should I take the old foam off first? What would be the best way to do this, if I do need to remove it?

You're welcome to experiment adding part or all of another layer of foam. (or just replacing the foam with a fresh piece)

I bring my cam in every night and I'm noticing some wear on the foam. I'm wondering if a Teflon material, like what you find on PC mouse feet, would be a good option.

I bring my cam in every night and I'm noticing some wear on the foam. I'm wondering if a Teflon material, like what you find on PC mouse feet, would be a good option.
I'm actually using, on two cameras, a solution that BCHobbyist came up with and discussed in this thread. Seems to be working well enough. It doesn't can eliminate the gaps that were causing the movement, so I'm not sure why it needs to absorb movement. I got BCHobbyist to send me some tape for a few dollars but you could get a larger amount through some other means (ebay?) if you think you will need to replace it every so often (not sure you would). The post linked above has some video showing the improvements.

@estore009 Could you please send some 3M sticky pads for the A119 dashcam as the other resellers have sent some to their customers. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@estore009 Could you please send some 3M sticky pads for the A119 dashcam as the other resellers have sent some to their customers. Thank you

I think you mean 3M EVA Foam Pads (which are also sticky, but only on one side of course)

3M Sticky Pads (leaving off VHB/EVA part of the name) generally refers to the 3M VHB Adhesive Pads that hold the mounts to the glass.

It is ok,and PM your shipping address,thanks!

I think you mean 3M EVA Foam Pads (which are also sticky, but only on one side of course)

3M Sticky Pads (leaving off VHB/EVA part of the name) generally refers to the 3M VHB Adhesive Pads that hold the mounts to the glass.

I need the two sided sticky pads that the gps mount fits to the screen

Thanks for this post and reminding me that I might have these pads in my original box as mine was endlessly restarting now that we're hot here PHX, AZ
The foam "should" take care of the issue was there was just enough play to allow the cam to have too much play/slop to maintain correct connectivity.

Hi I have had my Viofo A119S for nearly a year and added the EVA foam pad at the time I installed the camera. to prevent rattling noise during playback which worked perfectly. I have only removed the camera three times in that year but now notice there is a rattling sound on the audio when travelling over slightly uneven road surfaces.. Just purchased new pads from OCD Tronic and they arrived in the UK at my home today.. I am just wondering if anyone else with similar experience has either replaced the original foam pads with new ones or tried adding a second pad over the original to see if that removes the rattling sound.. The camera itself is excellent...Thanks......

Just an update on the above rattling issue.. I applied a second EVA foam pad on top of the original EVA pad I had applied a year ago when I purchased the A119S V2 camera.. The camera is now a nice tight fit and GPS is still functioning correctly.. However I played some footage back and still noticed a slight rattle in some video clips which was annoying and puzzling me... Then I figured it out...I have a Viofo polarising lens cover fitted to the lens of the camera, it is fitted in the correct position but I noticed there was some very slight play in it in the summer heat we are having..placed a very very thin strip of cardboard on the bottom clip of the plastic filter (which does not interfere with the `lens capture` area) and it attached tightly to the lens of the camera...no movement and happily no more rattling in video play back clips..May be of help to some of you with these filters if you are getting some playback rattle on video clips.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V A119S 2
I A119S 1
F A119S 28
Back