Eratic Recording Lengths

Blueyhills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just bought a refurbished Blackvue DR650GW 2CH with a 64gb SD Card.

Over the last few days of owning it I have noticed that the recording length of some files are shorter than I have set them for.

I set Normal Recording at 2mins and Event/Parking mode at 1min.

However a lot of files when I view them have various lengths of recording such as

120 seconds, 92 seconds, 84 seconds, 72 seconds, 60 seconds, 4o seconds, 15 seconds, 9 seconds etc
It is a brand new card that came with the Cam and installed with v1.011 firmware.

I have tried reformatting the card a couple of times and reinstalling the firmware but the problem persists.

Anyone help/advice would be appreciated

Many thanks
Bluey

Last edited:
Are some of the files event triggered? They would have a name that ends like "_EF.mp4" or _ER.mp4". Event files seem to interrupt the normal flow of things. I have turned the event thresholds all the way down so they don't occur at all on my system anymore. File lengths are now all about the same with the exception of the last file during shutdown.

Last edited:
Hi Gary

Yes there are lots of Event files - I will try your suggestion and see if there is a difference.

Many thanks

I notice the same thing with park recordings or live recordings interupted by events so seems normal

Hi

I turned the G Sensor down to 3 in Normal mode and that worked - the only Events recorded now are when I close the car door
also I now only get a couple of files that are not full length.

Thanks again for the advice .

My F770 records the opening of the door as an event, not the closing, unless you are slow getting out, but is triggered by the rain on the screen in parking mode ie motion detection

Since you are already capturing everything on the camera, it would appear that the only real purpose of event files is to find an event easily in a directory listing. Otherwise, you might have to search through a bunch of files looking for an event. It just occurred to me that there is a significant event that I never looked up from my camera. It occurred during my Alaska trip last year. Fortunately, I still have the videos from that trip that I dumped onto a 3 TB external drive and have saved. I was driving along at 10 mph below the posted speed limit when I came upon a large, unmarked dip in the road, which is common up there. I couldn't slow down in time. Everything in my motor-home when flying and the car I was towing went airborne for a moment. I know what segment of the trip it occurred on, but there are probably 3 hours worth of video in that segment, but it sure would be an interesting one to find.

Back