Video firmware 1.0

Viking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
WR1, Mini 906, 2*A119S, SJDash
Here is 2 video clip taken tonight.
There have not been edit, only merge by registrator viewer.
Link is to the raw uncompressed file will be below the clip.

I'm new to google drive, so if the link is not working, let me what I should do, to get it to work.
To many of you have been asking for the uncompressed file. I hope this will help out.
Its midnight now, so my third job is calling.:vamp:

Dusk.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz5gvAoOoj1rS1dFOVpoaGpITTQ/view?usp=sharing
Wr1 dusk.JPG

Night.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz5gvAoOoj1rMmJYV1Q0X2QxeUk/view?usp=sharing
Wr1 night.JPG

Last edited:
Man ... you're scaring me driving on the wrong side of the Road like that.

Video quality looks ok in both dusk and night ... good enough for your average Jolene
Not sure whether I am expecting too much here ... number plates were mostly a blur.
Looking forward to seeing some more Video of this new beast. Cheers, Viking.

Last edited:
It is amazing how fast dash cams improve with a site like this

And watching the first video how stupid humans continue to underestimate car speed with clever cameras watching

Last edited:
I see some few frames overlapping where the previous and next file join. You can see it on the DC1 clip at 0:56 in my earlier post.
A adjustment in the firmware should take care of it.

Yesterday I operated the camera in my 67C hot car. It was parked so it facing the sun. No AC circulation and I was sitting inside and was washing the streaming, no problem with the heat.:)

I have been testing the WR1 for almost a week now.
Very small and discreet. I made some photo to "show off" the camera. I used a DLSR, and it was very hard to get a good photo of the camera.
The camera is 100% stabil and so is the Andriod apps. I keep it running 1080P /30 in a hot car, without AC, for a half hour.
Its a camera with basic feature. I have never used example lane and "to close" warning in my other camera, so I don't miss them. No Bells, No whistles. (Thanks)
CPL lenses, could be nice to have, to take some of the glare from dashboard.
Wifi have a least 8 meter range, when I saved a 3 minute clip, it took less the 5 minute.(car was 65C hot and in sun, when transfer to place) No hick-up.
It would be nice to change the setting, where you want to save. internal or SD memory.
It would also be good if you can mirror or upside/down setting, if it placed in the back of the car. (Could be added)
There is a little overlap of frames, where the old and new clip meets. (should be fixed by a firmware update)

Thanks for your feedback.
We will develop CPL if this one sell good.
And we are working for the GPS module now.

The WR1 is 46mm in diameter which happens to be a standard filter size. Many CPLs are available in 46mm. If you were to eventually update the camera with a threaded bezel or even just provide an optional threaded adapter that can be snapped onto the camera, then people could install any CPL of their choosing.

gps wooooow. I can sale my unused a119v2. i bought a119 because wr1 had no gps.

SM-N910C cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

A119s in front, WR1 in back
My back windows is very dark tinted.

When will the gps module be ready for wr1? Do you have an estimated time?

I took a little drive to Washington DC.

I have used registrator viewer to merge the 3 minute clip together.
@follow mark 2:23 5:24 8:25 11:26 14:20 there a few frames overlay.
Does other WR1 cams have that issue?

Last edited:
I have compare these follow Dashcam today.

SJDASH, Viofo WR1 and Viofo a119s. All of the camera use the latest firmware.

a119s is the only dashcam that come with a CPL and its on.

Location of dashcam in the windows are SJDASH top, a119s bottom left and WR1 bottom right.

The WR1 stand alone clip is in the previous post.

a119s clip you will find in this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...age-quality-firmware.29446/page-9#post-356557

SJDASH clip you will find in this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/viking-on-the-sjdash.30291/#post-356544

Last edited:
^ I learned that a CPL filter is critically important

WR 1 is great,similar like SJ but A119S beat them both.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N WR1 1
H WR1 13
R WR1 1
C WR1 0
J WR1 5
Back