Hot weather, not stays on windshield.

Tokki

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi Guys,
my 7950wd is not staying on windshield when hot weather about 27-29 degree Celsius.
I opened a bit of windows but fall off.
What do you guys do for that?
Thanks.

Hello Tokki,

What you need is a new sticker. Once a sticker loses its adhesive powers, it is no longer any good.
When you set up the camera with the new sticker. Try cleaning the windshield with rubbing alcohol first to ensure a good clean surface for the sticker to stick to.

As above, recently here in the uk it hit 35c for over a week and my cam is stuck solid, I cleaned glass with isopropyl alcohol let dry stuck on and it stayed no problem.

Hello Tokki,

What you need is a new sticker. Once a sticker loses its adhesive powers, it is no longer any good.
When you set up the camera with the new sticker. Try cleaning the windshield with rubbing alcohol first to ensure a good clean surface for the sticker to stick to.

Thanks Robert.

As above, recently here in the uk it hit 35c for over a week and my cam is stuck solid, I cleaned glass with isopropyl alcohol let dry stuck on and it stayed no problem.
Thanks Tabetha.

I had mine installed in Albuquerque where I never had any issues with it falling off due to heat. There were adhesives in the box for different kinds of weather and I used the high heat one.

I had mine installed in Albuquerque where I never had any issues with it falling off due to heat. There were adhesives in the box for different kinds of weather and I used the high heat one.

Thanks Greg...

Use isopropyl alcohol as it is a more pure product which evaporates more completely with less residue ;) Ordinary rubbing alcohol can be as much as 30% water :eek:

Phil

Use isopropyl alcohol as it is a more pure product which evaporates more completely with less residue ;) Ordinary rubbing alcTohol can be as much as 30% water :eek:

Phil
Thanks Phil.

Somebody else in another thread on the forum suggested using a smear of that high temp silicone on the suction cup. It is usually used as a lubricant for seals in machines that can get hot. I have some ... but haven't tried it out yet. My Cam drops off the windscreen as well ... and it is the middle of winter.

This is the second summer my 7950 has gone thru in Las Vegas, NV. It hit 117°F (42°C) already this year. It gets down to 90°F (32°C) at night. Both my front and rear cams have stayed secured. The tape supplied by Lukas should hold up to high heat. Clean the windshield before applying.

Back