Anyone installed this in a Prius?

Sugar Silva

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there,
I just ordered the F50 with the hardwire kit and add-a-fuse. I'm having a difficult time finding an "always hot" fuse in my wife's 2015 Prius. Any ideas?

Please note that the the Power magic pro is not intended for the Thinkware camera. Whether you use a Power Magic Pro or Thinkware hardwire kit, you will still need a constant 12V power for them to work. In other words, the answer you posted above is not valid.

You should be able to find always hot fuse in the fuse box area. The always hot fuse typically includes but not limited to: power seat, interior lights, security system,...etc. Sometimes the 12V accessory socket is constantly powered when tapped from the fuse box. Alternatively, you can run the +ve wire through the firewall and straight to the battery .

Please note that the the Power magic pro is not intended for the Thinkware camera. Whether you use a Power Magic Pro or Thinkware hardwire kit, you will still need a constant 12V power for them to work. In other words, the answer you posted above is not valid.

You should be able to find always hot fuse in the fuse box area. The always hot fuse typically includes but not limited to: power seat, interior lights, security system,...etc. Sometimes the 12V accessory socket is constantly powered when tapped from the fuse box. Alternatively, you can run the +ve wire through the firewall and straight to the battery .

The video shows an “Always hot” fuse. I used it and it works.

2015 Prius sunroof fuse might be constant, there are definitely a few in there and perhaps some empty slots as well.

Back