The list of shame fake 4K cameras and CMOS size

Hello there, somebody found who is the manufacturer for this sj8000? i bricked a camera with a bad sd card and the support department from gearbest ( where i bought from) don't want to tell anything about. Just give me a 5$ voucher :mad:. I just want to reinstall software but don't know where to ask for. Thank you

Hello there, somebody found who is the manufacturer for this sj8000? i bricked a camera with a bad sd card and the support department from gearbest ( where i bought from) don't want to tell anything about. Just give me a 5$ voucher :mad:. I just want to reinstall software but don't know where to ask for. Thank you
Log on to goprawn.com and search "sj8000". There is a thread that may help with your difficulty!

was it like this cam https://www.ebay.com/itm/122596986088 |or| this cam https://www.ebay.com/itm/371718333927 ?

you can watch this video tutorial
and view this topic thread in goprawn forums https://www.goprawn.com/forum/allwi...x179-s-ov4689-and-gc2023-action-cameras/page1

Code:
video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdjEcRlpYTU

A camera with a generic case is claiming to do native 4k with a Hisilicon 3559 chip and Panasonic sensor 34120. The pdf of the fact sheet gives two full scan figures 16 fps and second full scan of 22fps at 4632H x 4488V . How does this sensor allow 4k at 30fps?

A camera with a generic case is claiming to do native 4k with a Hisilicon 3559 chip and Panasonic sensor 34120. The pdf of the fact sheet gives two full scan figures 16 fps and second full scan of 22fps at 4632H x 4488V . How does this sensor allow 4k at 30fps?
MN34110, -112, -120 and -230 sensors support 4K2K 30 fps working mode. For some reason Panasonic does not mention that fact for 100-series sensor models...

Here's my firmware, bought from gearbest:

SoC:
Allwinner V3
Product:
crane-sl609
Manufacturer:
xiapc
FW date:
Camera name:
SL609
Version:
20170624V01
LCD model:
ili9305
LCD resolution:
320x240
Sensor model:
imx179​

Here's the link: https://ufile.io/aczws

I've been doing a series of real vs fake 4K, I thought it would be relevant to this thread.

Novatek NT96660 + IMX078 ("4K 24FPS")

Allwinner V3s ("4K 15FPS")

SPCA6350 + OV4689 ("4K 30FPS")

Coming soon: Allwinner V3 + OV4689

I don't have a V3 + IMX179 cam on hand unfortunately.

Any notable others I should do?

Great comparisons. Better can be if you will edit your post and under each video to write a small list with problems of each camera. People which will want to see what are you saying will elook the whole video.
For example was good your information that the H9R is freezing when doing 4K recording and the advice is to use it only at Full HD.

enjoy,
Mtz

Coming soon: Allwinner V3 + OV4689

I don't have a V3 + IMX179 cam on hand unfortunately.
Last year,one generic M20 module combinates V3 with IMX179 sensor.

Thanks for the three videos and posting them in 4K! A little video 101 however. 30 fps came about for NTSC, the standard used in the US and some other countries. The frame rate is based on the AC line frequency of 60 hz (interlaced NTSC has two fields a 1/60 sec each). In Europe and the UK the AC line frequency is 50 hz and hence the PAL standard uses 25 fps. China uses PAL so they are catering to those customers with the 25 fps rate. The better rate to use would be 24 fps, a film standard, which can be adapted for both NTSC and PAL but not usually by the average customer even though our 4K TVs can deal with 24 fps. And we see 60 fps 4K becoming popular for sports. And I won't get into the drop frame conversion. :D

I have a NAXA 406 4K camera which probably has a Sony sensor but Sunplus cheesed on the software (MJPEG at 25 fps) using lower encoding settings to get it to work... cheap. Extracting individual frames (which can be done with FFMpeg) artifacts can be observed though no where near what you've shown in your videos. And also edge enhancement (yuck!) which doesn't appear to happen with the Thieye.

Thanks for the three videos and posting them in 4K! A little video 101 however. 30 fps came about for NTSC, the standard used in the US and some other countries. The frame rate is based on the AC line frequency of 60 hz (interlaced NTSC has two fields a 1/60 sec each). In Europe and the UK the AC line frequency is 50 hz and hence the PAL standard uses 25 fps. China uses PAL so they are catering to those customers with the 25 fps rate. The better rate to use would be 24 fps, a film standard, which can be adapted for both NTSC and PAL but not usually by the average customer even though our 4K TVs can deal with 24 fps. And we see 60 fps 4K becoming popular for sports. And I won't get into the drop frame conversion. :D

I have a NAXA 406 4K camera which probably has a Sony sensor but Sunplus cheesed on the software (MJPEG at 25 fps) using lower encoding settings to get it to work... cheap. Extracting individual frames (which can be done with FFMpeg) artifacts can be observed though no where near what you've shown in your videos. And also edge enhancement (yuck!) which doesn't appear to happen with the Thieye.
50Hz or 60Hz was not really important (other than matching the line voltage of the country and usually ferro-resinant transformers anyway or switchable) in the days of analogue Television with the flyback about 15KHz (15.625 kHz for PAL, 15.734 kHz for NTSC) so a black line would show moving up the screen (or down?) been a while LOL
Can't find any reason to use 50 or 60 fps other than 60 would capture motion better. Set my "power" to 50Hz Australia and PAL just to keep it simple for editing as it tends to default to your country, but film at FHD 60 yet cam shows 59.94fps? So I found an obscure options setting and created a "custom" setting for the editor during final conversion to MP4. Cyberlink sorta surprised me there to be honest.
Technically we are told to use 50fps for PAL and 50Hz (though AC line voltage at 50Hz has nothing to do with the cam, it uses a DC source/battery) so seems to me 60fps is just peachy and better capturing fast moving objects plus slightly less jitter when panning?

Technically we are told to use 50fps for PAL and 50Hz (though AC line voltage at 50Hz has nothing to do with the cam, it uses a DC source/battery)
The 25fps-50fps/50Hz and 30fps-60fps/60Hz have to do with the frequency of the AC line that powers the display where you're going to watch the video footage recorded by the camera. Many people think that PAL and NTSC are things of the past but they're still the standards used in digital broadcasting and digital TV's.

My desktop can't play 60fps videos properly, it stops and refreshes every few seconds, making it impossible to watch the videos. No problem whatsoever with 50fps videos. The other day I had the chance to test this on an LG Smart TV, connected to the internet via LAN cable. I tried to play the same videos directly from YouTube and the 60fps video stuttered even more than on my computer. Again, no problem with a 50fps video.

Yes, these days we rely on chip timers to play all kinds of frame rates in video players. The fractional drop frame allows for keeping up with the audio. You sync to the audio not the other way round (or it goes out of sync). I learned this when making a video player for a hand held console game.

The 25fps-50fps/50Hz and 30fps-60fps/60Hz have to do with the frequency of the AC line that powers the display where you're going to watch the video footage recorded by the camera. Many people think that PAL and NTSC are things of the past but they're still the standards used in digital broadcasting and digital TV's.

My desktop can't play 60fps videos properly, it stops and refreshes every few seconds, making it impossible to watch the videos. No problem whatsoever with 50fps videos. The other day I had the chance to test this on an LG Smart TV, connected to the internet via LAN cable. I tried to play the same videos directly from YouTube and the 60fps video stuttered even more than on my computer. Again, no problem with a 50fps video.
That is really strange. might be the player you are using? Portugal swapped over to DVB-T in 2012 and Australia in 2013 (Cable TV DVB-C/C2) and no longer broadcast using PAL for Television. I am assuming you are using a digital TV and not an old analogue TV through a set top box or something? LG Smart TV should work with all rates?
Matching AC line frequencies to film (24fps) for example was a problem so most films were sped up 4% to play on PAL systems while NTSC used a different method (3:2 Pulldown) for TV transmission and the signal carrier. None of this has anything to do with digital action cams that I can find?
Only possibility is there is a minute amount of 50/60Hz interference from the AC supply that comes through the DC rectification, especially cheap battery chargers and power supplies in monitors and TV's, that would have an effect on circuits, noise, so it is certainly best to set to your countries standard for this. But video rates recorded via 3.7V battery is another matter.
I've tried 25/50 and 30/60/120/240 and they all work fine plugged into my digital TV via HDMI and monitors via USB? As for YouTube, as long as I "Produce" the vid to the same settings as the cam I also have no problems. Actually 240 was awful on T5e cam playback and everywhere else LOL wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:
Yes, these days we rely on chip timers to play all kinds of frame rates in video players. The fractional drop frame allows for keeping up with the audio. You sync to the audio not the other way round (or it goes out of sync). I learned this when making a video player for a hand held console game.
Yes true. Also can happen uploading to YouTube, can be a nightmare if audio not in sync properly. Vimeo seems slightly better but not as popular.
PAL M is a 525 line, 59.94 field/s system and no idea why the T5e is showing this on my 60fps vids? Explains why the rate is in the editor I use though. Only guess is as you are saying, to sync the audio. The Codec reports the same on various players, VLC, Streamclip, Windows Media Player and Quicktime.

That is really strange. might be the player you are using?
Player? What player? I watch the videos straight fom YouTube.

Portugal swapped over to DVB-T in 2012 and Australia in 2013 (Cable TV DVB-C/C2) and no longer broadcast using PAL for Television. I am assuming you are using a digital TV and not an old analogue TV through a set top box or something? LG Smart TV should work with all rates?
We swapped over to DVB-T in 2009, not 2012, and it's still PAL, obviously. The LG TV where I did the test also played the video directly from YouTube, I don't know where you got the "analogue TV through a set top box" idea from. You know, Smart TV's, tho ones that have an internet connection and you can browse and use the same sites as in your computer? ;)

Only possibility is there is a minute amount of 50/60Hz interference from the AC supply that comes through the DC rectification, especially cheap battery chargers and power supplies in monitors and TV's, that would have an effect on circuits, noise, so it is certainly best to set to your countries standard for this. But video rates recorded via 3.7V battery is another matter.
The 50-60Hz AC frequency standards' setting on the cameras are only to avoid image flickering when recording fluorescent lighting, they don't have any influence on the recording frame rate or the display where the video is going to be played. The same with the PAL-NTSC setting: it's only useful if you connect the camera via AV out to a TV or monitor. If you connect it via HDMI, usually the TV switches and adapts automatically to the system set in the camera, even if it's not the correct one for your country.

Videos from Youtube? Playing T5e MP4 files from cam or copied to PC.
Oh yes was thinking when analog transmission ended. Same with us, we had a three year grace period.
Tried that, our lighting is 50Hz and found no lighting flicker when set to PAL or NTSC (FHD50/FHD60) but Power was set to 50Hz in cam menu.
Not tried "TV OUT" though.
Just watched your vid, that's scary. Pretty much same here, even have drivers going completely the wrong way against arrow, no two way arrows, literally racing for a parking spot to cut passed drivers going around to get there properly. Complete morons.

Last edited:
Matching AC line frequencies to film (24fps) for example was a problem so most films were sped up 4% to play on PAL systems while NTSC used a different method (3:2 Pulldown) for TV transmission and the signal carrier. None of this has anything to do with digital action cams that I can find?
Just a little fun fact that back in the early days of TV, stations had film chains. These consisted of two 16mm projectors and two slide projectors all controlled by remote. The 16mm had 5 blade shutters which illuminated each frame 5 times of 120 times per second. That meant for NTSC at 30 fps each field got captured. 5 * 24 hz = 120 hz. Of course in the 1960s these were replaced by VTRs.

Point it's a business reason that the cams have 25 or 30 fps offered. They don't want to spend support time on people who are confused about converting their video to a DVD or BD. I bought one of those 8mm film converters that were released last year. It produces files at 30 fps but 8mm was 16 fps (and 18 fps for Super8) so you get silent film sped up action. I run those clips through Mencoder which can change the frame rate back to the original. But the average customer won't know to do that.

Back