Is it safe to have hard-wired without any battery pack?

BMW440I

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I need a dash cam offers a buffered parking mode which enable to record several seconds before the motion detect sensor triggers.

But would it be safe to have hard-wired the F50 or the F770 without having any battary pack like Cellink Battery B Battery Pack?

I have a new bmw 4 series and only drive about 80mins a day.
Hope it does not drain my vehicle battery especially in the New York winter.

I would say it's definitely safe, the F50 has one of the lowest power consumption ratings out of all the parking mode dash cams.
One of our staff had the F50 hardwired (without battery pack) in his M235i for 4 months set at 12.2V cutoff and never saw the battery discharge warning on his iDrive.

It depends what your goals are at the end of the day, with 80 minutes of driving you can keep an F50 running (via Cellink) for well over 24 hours.
Might be overkill for some people though.

How long you plan on keeping the car may be a factor as well. The dash cam hardwired to the car's battery will reduce its lifespan.

Thank you for your outcome but how did your staff manage to set his car's voltage? did he hook up the dash cam and battery with any other device?

Nice. Does the F50 support up to 128 GB micro SD? Thank you!

Nice. Does the F50 support up to 128 GB micro SD? Thank you!

Not officially, but I just stuck one in to try after you asked and it seems to power up/record okay. Not sure if it fully utilizes the card though.
The F50 is not quite as picky as the F770/F750 when it comes to cards. This was using the ADATA 128GB

bTf689I.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
marcowme F50 15
K F50 2
B F50 3
S F50 16
Back