CH-200 or F770

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
I'm looking for an HD camera for the front and back. I am wondering would you prefer the CH-200 or F770?

I guess and just to clarify for others: F770 ref. to Thinkware and CH-200 ref. to Blacksys, right ?

I looked at these two and preferred the thinkware F770, that was best for what I wanted though, it has many features I don't use or eant but has the ones I do want, I especially liked it being non battery it is capacitor and rear cam is 1080p 30fps.
I made a big comparison list of all the features each had compared with another and asked myself honestly what I really wanted from a camera, then I watched lots of footage/video's from youtube to see what each was like, I eliminated all but two just from my comparison list down to blackvue 650(2 channel) and F770 but preferred the shape of the 770 it blends in really well in front of/behind rear view mirror I especially liked the different parking recording modes

I guess and just to clarify for others: F770 ref. to Thinkware and CH-200 ref. to Blacksys, right ?

Yes that correct

I looked at these two and preferred the thinkware F770, that was best for what I wanted though, it has many features I don't use or eant but has the ones I do want, I especially liked it being non battery it is capacitor and rear cam is 1080p 30fps.
I made a big comparison list of all the features each had compared with another and asked myself honestly what I really wanted from a camera, then I watched lots of footage/video's from youtube to see what each was like, I eliminated all but two just from my comparison list down to blackvue 650(2 channel) and F770 but preferred the shape of the 770 it blends in really well in front of/behind rear view mirror I especially liked the different parking recording modes

Yeah, I am looking for a dual cam that has good quality and parking mode. I right now have a G1WH up front and Mobius in the back. I am happy with them however I would like to get one that has a parking mode. I'm not sure if its just me but I know some videos I see with the F770 the video seems to be washed out.

I can only go on what I see with my footage, and I watch at least 2-3 hours per week under normal daylight conditions, I can honestly say it is not something I have noticed, footage is about spot on colour wise maybe a teeny weeny bit brite but nothing you'd normally notice, I bought it though mainly for parking performance and it hasn't failed to impress me in this respect even when 35.8C outside temps never stopped working not once.

I can only go on what I see with my footage, and I watch at least 2-3 hours per week under normal daylight conditions, I can honestly say it is not something I have noticed, footage is about spot on colour wise maybe a teeny weeny bit brite but nothing you'd normally notice, I bought it though mainly for parking performance and it hasn't failed to impress me in this respect even when 35.8C outside temps never stopped working not once.
Is it possible if you can post some screen shots of some things? I am guessing the washed out video is from compression and editing from software. The screenshot will show the raw files. Also, do you know how good the quality is compared to the G1WH and Mobius?

Well I found out the F800 will be coming out next month so I guess I will wait on that. Anyone know how much better the quality will be?

Sample video has been posted already, you can download the raw files and see what you think yourself

Sample video has been posted already, you can download the raw files and see what you think yourself
Where can I find the raw files? Some links people posted on other threads don't seem to work anymore.

I found them and looked at them. I reviewed the BlackSys CH-200 and Thinkware F770 footage and I find that that the BlackSys CH-200 seems to have better quality. However, I am wondering if the BlackSys CH-200 has a voltage cutoff? Also any views from the BlackSys CH-200 to the Thinkware F770?

The main reason I am looking for getting a new cam is I think the summer heat is starting to finish off my G1WH again and I would like to have a camera that can withstand the heat along with bringing good quality videos and parking mode.

I haven't looked at the CH-200 at all, not hard to imagine it has better video as the Thinkware is nothing special when it comes to video quality, its strength is really its parking mode functionality, for that Thinkware are quite good

I haven't looked at the CH-200 at all, not hard to imagine it has better video as the Thinkware is nothing special when it comes to video quality, its strength is really its parking mode functionality, for that Thinkware are quite good
I know that's why I looked into buying it, however, I would want something with video quality as good as the G1WH or better. The only downside with the CH-200 I see in its parking mode is that it records based on motion. The F770 can be set to record if it senses an impact. I am unsure if the CH-200 has that ability. I am also unsure if the CH-200 has a voltage cut off like the F770.

The blacksys does have voltage cut off. To what the cut off is off hand I do not know. I made a thread on the camera as did not see one already. Blacksys is said to be cheaper but still offer high quality sensors. I have read thinkware features like anti collision and such are poor performers and can not be shut off.

They delays in getting the f800 air would point me towards the ch 200.

Again I don't own any dash cam so everything I know is from reading. I want a solid high quality cam can use driving and parking with voltage protection.

The blacksys does have voltage cut off. To what the cut off is off hand I do not know. I made a thread on the camera as did not see one already. Blacksys is said to be cheaper but still offer high quality sensors. I have read thinkware features like anti collision and such are poor performers and can not be shut off.

Again I don't own any dash cam so everything I know is from reading. I want a solid high quality cam can use driving and parking with voltage protection.
Thanks for the info :) I may look into getting it then :D

Also, how would you compare the video quality from the BlackSys CH-200 to the G1WH and Mobius?

Also, how would you compare the video quality from the BlackSys CH-200 to the G1WH and Mobius?

I am sorry but I can't comment at best it would be an educated guess. I am sure others might be able to provide feedback but given blacksys ch 200 is so new and only appears on one website I don't think there is many hands on reviews.

Back