Bricked my new SJ5000X

Ron O

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been trying to change the firmware on my SJ5000X from 1.5.1 to 1.4.6. Someone suggested I needed a "loader file" so I installed a file I found in one of the forums. Now my camera will not start at all. I get two blue lights but no boot. Can anyone help me get my camera working again?

I have been trying to change the firmware on my SJ5000X from 1.5.1 to 1.4.6. Someone suggested I needed a "loader file" so I installed a file I found in one of the forums. Now my camera will not start at all. I get two blue lights but no boot. Can anyone help me get my camera working again?
Hello, can you please try to open a ticket here? support.sjcamhd.com

Thanks!

Was able to get the camera running again with the help of the Amazon Seller and SJ Cam. It seems the newest SJ5000X are using a different LCD panel and the panel is not compatible with firmware older than 1.5.1. I have 1.5.1 up and running again, but I cannot install any of the older firmwares. The manufacturing date on my camera is June 2017.

Was able to get the camera running again with the help of the Amazon Seller and SJ Cam. It seems the newest SJ5000X are using a different LCD panel and the panel is not compatible with firmware older than 1.5.1. I have 1.5.1 up and running again, but I cannot install any of the older firmwares. The manufacturing date on my camera is June 2017.
Interesting. Did the support person at SJCAM say there was a newer screen?

I was told that they have changed suppliers on the LCD panel. The new panel is not compatible with older firmware versions. I was also told that the "new" LCD is better quality that the original. I've never seen the original so I have no way of knowing

I was told that they have changed suppliers on the LCD panel. The new panel is not compatible with older firmware versions. I was also told that the "new" LCD is better quality that the original. I've never seen the original so I have no way of knowing
can you please tell me your ticket number?

Thanks!

Hi I know this is one year late but im having the same issue here. my SJ5000X is now a brick and only two blue lights

Back