Git2 - Camera Freezing/Unresponsive

Richard Lynch

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi Folks,

I have noticed from time to time that the git2 freezes. The battery shows full (when it is not), the buttons become unresponsive, but the screen shows the view correctly. I am unable to power off or other camera functions. The only resolution is to take out and re insert the battery, then camera works again.

Has anyone experienced the same?
Is there a resolution? @gitup

Thanks

Richie

@jokiin Im not sure - i haven't been able to tell. but i feel that it happens when stopping a recording. its rare but i have seen it occur 2/3 times

I will try that but this card has worked without problem before. have you heard of similar @jokiin ?

I will try that but this card has worked without problem before. have you heard of similar @jokiin ?

memory cards are not red wine, they don't get better with age ;)

always a good idea when any unusual behavior to try an alternate memory card, you can also check your existing card for errors with something like h2testw and see if it finds any problems

If you are using h2testw, use it with the card in the camera, then you also test the cameras use of the card rather than your computers use of the card.

If you are using h2testw, use it with the card in the camera, then you also test the cameras use of the card rather than your computers use of the card.
Not sure I'd only test it like that as it wouldn't necessarily indicate if it was a card or camera problem if it fails

Hi Everyone,
First post here, love this camera but I wanted to see if I could help shed more light on this

I use a Samsung 64GB card. This issue has crept up on me very recently.

Had it happen twice today. And have the exact same issue. After recordings that last approx 20 minutes, when I arrive at my destination, I press the start/stop button and the camera does not give me the three beeps saying it's stopping. I can't see the screen when I press it so I've not been able to confirm that it's showing that it's recording before pressing the start/stop button.

The video has always been long enough that a new file is created, on one video, I think that may be what triggered the issue as I noticed it just wasn't recording.

I have an external mic plugged in and I know it works, and love using it, it's a stereo mic. What I've noticed when this happens, is that the first video file in the recording has the audio recorded from the internal mic, even with the external plugged in. Once the second file is created, it is using the external mic. This was verified both because I was talking in my helmet and my voice was inaudible for the first clip, but the wind was overwhelming, and in the second clip, my voice was crystal clear and the wind was nearly non-existent. Also, when checking the details under the MP4 file properties, the sound was shown as mono for the first clip and stereo for the second. The second is always an automatically created clip.

I've had it happen twice today, once on my way to work, and once on my way home for lunch.

I've since tried to recreate it, both times with a formatted card. Once with the camera on before plugging in the mic, and with the mic unplugged during recording with no effect to the stereo/mono status of the tracks (sound was affected of course). The second time, with the camera turned on with the mic already plugged in.

My trip back to work after lunch it did not occur.

This is really confusing, but I am trying to run a motovlog and while I can deal with the UI freezing at the end of recording as the camera shuts itself off in a minute, the internal mic being used is detrimental.

The video has always been long enough that a new file is created, on one video, I think that may be what triggered the issue as I noticed it just wasn't recording.
Yes, it is typical situation with defective card. Just try another one.

That would really suck. 64gb cards aren't cheap :(

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Yes, definitely trying using a different (authentic) sd card.

It's an authentic Samsung card.

So far, the only time I've had any issue since that time, was when I try and record in UHD 4K

I'd have gone with the thought that it was not fast enough, but it worked fine in my Note 4 (recorded half of our 23 minute fireworks display last year, alternating between my wife's phone and mine, because of the 5-minute recording limit in the phone itself).

I understand that my phone's 4K probably isn't the same bitrate, but it is 30fps, so it's probably not that far off.

When I try to record in 4K, the recording light doesn't even come on, and the only thing I can do is turn the camera off.

I've also since, replaced my microphone, but even with the old one, I never had the problem after a couple of times formatting the card.

Back