Constant rebooting

Com69

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
1 SG9665GC, 3 SGZC12RC
Lately I've been having an issue with my GC going into an endless boot loop. It'll turn on fine in the morning and then eventually I'll hear the start up chime again, the splash screen comes up, then the display will just slowly fade out, then chime, splash screen, etc. again. Goes on until I unplugg and plug back in. At first I thought it might be the card I was using, Sandisk 200GB, so I tried another, and another. Used the formatting tool recommended in another thread here, then format again in camera. Was still happening, so I updated the firmware, still happening. Then I thought maybe it was a power issue, unplugged everything else in the car, still happened. Checked my battery voltage(brand new in May), and voltage at cams power source, even with the car off , and it reads 13.3, 13.2. Tried with and without BPD. I'm using the power cord that came with it. I've watched the red light on the cord while it's happening and that stays on constant, not even a flicker.

I've ruled out everything I can think of, is my cam just dying? It's barely a year old. Anything else I can try?

Can be rare hardware fault. Wait a little bit, @Street Guardian USA will reply you soon.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

It's usually a bad memory card or power supply anytime I've heard of that but anything else is possible when it comes to electronics from time to time. How does behave when you use the memory card that was originally included? I've seen a few other reports of Sandisk cards failing and Samsung replacement cards working just fine

You have a one year no hassle replacement warranty, so if we have exhausted basic troubleshooting a replacement is no problem. Send me an email or private message so we can try a few final last things and form an action plan from there.

try a full format back to default exFAT in the PC using this https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ will take a while, once it's done format the card in the camera, don't use 3rd party formatting tools to set the card up as FAT32, that only applied on the older firmware versions

if you want to test using a different card try a 32gb card

That is the formatter I used, took forever on the 200GB card, I ended up going to bed before it was even at 50%. Also, I did try it with the card it came with, and the card my other one came with. All did the same thing. I forgot to even mention that the cam got no use whatsoever from end of October until April of this year, car was in heated storage all winter, battery disconnected, etc.

One thing I didn't try and I kinda want to kick myself for not thinking of it sooner....is to swap it with the GC that's in my daily driver, I completely forgot I had one in there. I'll try that in the morning and come back with an update.

One thing I didn't try and I kinda want to kick myself for not thinking of it sooner....is to swap it with the GC that's in my daily driver, I completely forgot I had one in there. I'll try that in the morning and come back with an update.

no problem, let us know how you get on, whatever the issue we'll help get you sorted out

It took a couple days for it to happen, but it is doing the same thing in the other car now. That one is wired to only be on when the car is running so that's probably why it took longer to mess up. I tried taking a video of what it was doing, but it just happened and the sun is pretty damn bright this early in the day.

I'll check the video after we get to the shop and see if it's worth uploading. I'm hoping it at least caught the start up sound repeating.

Meanwhile, the other GC is totally fine in the other car, even with the 200gb Sandisk. Not a single problem.

What's the serial number of the one that is giving you problems and which firmware version is installed?

S/N SGGC-B15531736

Version - SG20170517.V3

I believe it's the lastest version. I updated the firmware when it first started giving me trouble hoping it would clear it up.

The video sucks, the glare is horrible, but I'll upload it and post a link if you want.

S/N SGGC-B15531736

Version - SG20170517.V3

I believe it's the lastest version. I updated the firmware when it first started giving me trouble hoping it would clear it up.

I'll send you a newer version to try when I get into the office later this morning, if there's still a problem we'll get it sorted for you

Ok. I'm willing to try anything but I fear it might be a hardware issue.

Back