Mobius is filming but only sensitive to light, no image

Bereczki Zsombor

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello,

So the issue I have is that the camera is filming (sound and image, the film is available after recording) but all it registers is black and it is sensitive only to intense light and all it films is black and wight flashes when hit by intense light.

Can anyone help me sort out this issue?
can it be fixed without replacing parts?

Thanks in advance!

All settings are set to normal, didn't touch those and it was recording fine until 1 moment when it didn't, mid recording (separate files tough).
I checked the ribbon cable twice but I will check again.

the interesting part is that while fiddling with the imaging unit I got the image back once but I tried 3 times since then but no luck.

Thanks for the support guys.

I checked the ribbon cable. It is secure. I reloaded the firmware, and set it to default.
The problem persists.

I think I will need to get a new set of ribbon cable, sensor with lense :<
It is not cheap to get these things shipped to Romania just to fix a camera.

I checked the ribbon cable. It is secure. I reloaded the firmware, and set it to default.
The problem persists.

I think I will need to get a new set of ribbon cable, sensor with lense :<
It is not cheap to get these things shipped to Romania just to fix a camera.

It sounds like you may have a bad lens module. I would recommend ordering a complete new one from Banggood with free shipping. In fact, I just received a new lens module three days ago from them that I order 16 days prior. They seem to have taken some steps to improve their services. I ordered three items and they all shipped within one day as promised on the site. They had the best price for the module as well.

Edit: BTW, along with the new lens module, Banggood sent me a new case for the camera for free. I think they do that because some people ordering Mobius lens modules don't realize you need the new version of the case for the new modules to fit. Funny thing is that Mobius has previously sent me free camera housings I haven't really needed so now I have three spares. :) I used the lower part of one of them in another camera one time, so it was cool to have the spares.

Last edited:
Back