Sd card issue, can't work with any card

Superalex

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi I have problem with the camera after 3 day of use have card error and finally only error about sd card damaged,
camera completely doesn't work with any sd card
in the beginning I thought it was the problem with the card, but I bought two more cards class 10 32 gb and 16 gb, but nothing new even after formats of the cards on PC and other device ( I can't format it on camera because when I put card in I have message about problem with sd card)
all cards work well on other devices like yi 4 k

so what you sajest only 3 days of using device

regards

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_20170702_190851.jpg
    IMG_20170702_190851.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 6
If I remember correct,you are using 3 micro sd cards of same name brand?I gave you advice on other forum and again here....try to use some different brand of micro sd card.
I will give you one example: I have Viofo WR1 and buy a new Toshiba 64GB sd card and insert in WR 1 it couldnt format it,so I cant use the WR1 and Toshiba card in it.I insert that Toshiba 64GB card in my Yi dashcam and it offers me instantly to format the sd card and I formatted it.Than i insert Toshiba 64GB card into WR 1 and it started to work normally.
I dont know much about formating cards in PC,but there are FAT32 and exFAT,maybe one more different way to format,so maybe you are did that wrong way.

Last edited:
Hello, nice to see you,
You are right, but yesterday I bought the new one, but nothing new
Waiting for new ideas.

Attachments

• 1500030385838-2090487047.jpg
    1500030385838-2090487047.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 7
I have 2 micro sd cards I use Kingston 32GB that runs every day for the last 4-5 months and Toshiba 64GB that I use in WR 1 but its formatted in Yi dashcam just like Kingston 32GB.

Hello, nice to see you,
You are right, but yesterday I bought the new one, but nothing new
Waiting for new ideas.
Maybe this isnt a class 10 card???

All cards I have have class 10
Transcend one and I looked on official web site have some V 30 class 30 mark/sign.Best advice I can give is to try with various of other brands that you already have tried.Its just not logical to me that any of sd cards you have not work in Yi dashcam and work in action Yi.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

It seems like the device working in some kind of loop of error that happens due to the card and standart steps like formating/resetting/factory resetting can't cancel this loop.
Maybe some of you familiar with microcontrollers and can to advise some ideas.

Where are you buying the cards? Any chance they are fakes?

I've been using Samsung EVO cards in my various dash cams, including the YI.

The new one I put in the YI in January, finally died a few days ago, but I have run that cam up to 24 hours a day for 80% of it's life.

have you tried the cards in any other devices? like a standard digital camera, or phone?

could be a dashcam issue, not card

No, nothing new
Have you some ideas?
Just tried to open editional dispute in AliExpress to return my investment

No, nothing new
Have you some ideas?
Just tried to open editional dispute in AliExpress to return my investment
No NEW ideas, I present some of them to you here or on Xiaoyi forum,try dispute but I dont think you have big chances to get total refund,maybe, partial only. I do a research before I bought my Yi on Aliexpress.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

Back