Suggestion: little bit of decresing red color in YI COLOR mode

actioncamX

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
hi,

when I compare Yi 4K ouput with ouputs from other cams, yi has more red tone (especially with go pro) , also in comparison with real life (persional opinion).
Watter /sky is not so blue as I would wish, also grass could be more green, sand is too red.
Also with go pro comparinson Yi miss a saturation/vibrance a little.

Yes! I have sent them an email about this. Yi 4K always fails in side by side comparisons with GoPro 5 because of the color balance is way off, skies and grass are grey looking because there is too much red (actually magenta) in the shadows. If they fix this (and crush blacks slightly) the image quality will be on par with GoPro

Last edited:
Myself and many more have been asked yi technology for over 6 months now , to try and correct this problem, they always say we will next firmware, but there is no correction yet. Maybe they will listen to you good luck.

While we're at it we need to get them to revise their 'flat' mode. All the demos I've seen show just as much shadow and highlight clipping as the normal mode, so there's obviously no contrast reduction, they've just turned the saturation down. It's like they've quickly looked at GoPro's Protune and gone 'ohh, users want a setting with saturation down. I don't understand why, it just looks faded, but i guess we'll give them what they want!' having absolutely no idea about what flat profiles are used for.

Any fix yet to get colors richer and less red?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back