Git2 recording video and photos at same time

Richard Lynch

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi Folks,

I have noticed that when my Git2 is recording video it is also recording photos at the same time.
The video is contained in the video folder and the pics in the photo folder on the memory card.
This is probably a settings issue but i have not been bale to find it. Can someone explain/clarify?
@gitup - how do i prevent this.

Also @gitup - ihope to do Timelapse using Git2. Can the camera be left outside for a long period of time? not using the case.

Thanks

Richie

In the video settings menu, the option Video Snapshot Timer turns photos during video on/off.

If you want a video timelapse there is a Timelapse option in the video settings menu, for a photo timelapse the option is in the photo settings menu.

If you want it to record the timelapse for more than 1.5 hours, you can connect an external USB powerbank, and then record for days if the powerbank is big enough.

Don't get it wet if leaving it outside. If you are recording timelapse then it will generate a little heat so you don't need to worry about condensation, just rain.

A nice feature is Snapshot photos/frames of video with effects like Xiaomi yi APP..

Is it possible?

You can use some viewers on the PC to just grab a single frame in the video footage and save it as a Jpeg, registrator viewer and VLC player can both do that.

Not sure what support is in GIT app, i would never use a phone for such things, that got to wait until i get home to the computer.

You can use some viewers on the PC to just grab a single frame in the video footage and save it as a Jpeg, registrator viewer and VLC player can both do that.

Not sure what support is in GIT app, i would never use a phone for such things, that got to wait until i get home to the computer.
I have used the fusion next app to check and control the camera when taking a time lapse with the camera mounted where I couldn't reach it without a ladder. I had it connected to a wall charger so it could run all day without worrying about the battery.

Also useful when the camera is mounted on the outside of the race car, and I'm belted in inside and can't reach the camera to start it before each run. Much better than using the wrist remote because with the app, you can easily see whether it actually started recording or not. With the wrist remote, you don't know unless you can see the red LEDs on the camera or maybe hear the beeps (neither of which are likely when it's mounted outside the car).

I was really disappointed when i found out the D5500 Nikon my friend have you cant change settings on the camera with the app over wifi, just take a picture and self timer - DL pictures ASO :oops:

A nice feature is Snapshot photos/frames of video with effects like Xiaomi yi APP..

Is it possible?
The camera itself support take snapshot, but app does not support edit the photo/video at present.
Better to download the frame, and use other editor, there are lots of good editor for photo and editor.

Hello!
Apologies for reviving this thread...but its title resumes my doubts I have at the moment...
The following points raise my concern:

1. How do you guys do pictures underwater ? Obviously you can't press the button...
2. What do I need to enable in the Gitup Git2P cam so that it does pictures while I film underwater (at the same time)? Isn't there an option that does automatically pictures based on an interval ?
3. If I dive into the swimming pool, and someone is connected outside with the FinalCam app, can he/she click on "make photo" on the app ? Does this work ?

I bought the cam mainly for shooting underwater stuff and sport stuff of my kids.

Any hint is highly appreciated.
Cheers,
Ken

Hi @K3nshiro

Question 1 - i presume that you are using a water proff housing - it is possible to take pics underwater. When in photo mode just click the top button and it will take a photo as per usual.
Question 2 - Yes it is possible for Git2 to take a picture wile recording a video. My camera accidentally did this once. However i do not know the setting to make this work. But i know it can be done.
Question 3 - I think so but i have nevertried this. I have not used the app ( i do know of it). Remember you will need to be in range of the wifi signal so not further than 10m. Also be sure to have the water proof case.

1. Yes you can press the buttons underwater, although I wouldn't want to do it too many times. You can also use the "Interval" setting in the photo menu to set it to take photos every 10 seconds or some other interval if you don't want to press the buttons.
2. I think the option is called "Interval" in the video menu, it will give you a photo the same resolution as the video.
3. The wi-fi signal will not travel through water. It will only work when the camera is above the surface.

The water resistant remote control can be used, but under water it will need to be very close to the camera for the radio signal to reach the camera, and it is not suitable for diving, only swimming on the surface.

@Richard Lynch & @Nigel ,
Thank you for your prompt responses !
I do a facepalm on myself....:rolleyes: ... can you imagine that I didn't notice the 3 metallic buttons on the waterproof case? Shame on me :censored:.

I will obviously try this out, kids will love it. Is there a problem with pressing too many times the button? Like the possibility of water coming in ?
I will search for the "Interval" option, I understand though that the photos are done randomly, one obviously doesn't count mentally 10 or 20 seconds underwater, waiting for the perfect moment for the picture.
I have the remote control that was offered in the AliExpress pack, wasn't aware that it was waterproof, but since I want it for diving, I'll probably will only use it outside of the water.

Cheers,
Ken

@Richard Lynch & @Nigel ,
Thank you for your prompt responses !
I do a facepalm on myself....:rolleyes: ... can you imagine that I didn't notice the 3 metallic buttons on the waterproof case? Shame on me :censored:.

I will obviously try this out, kids will love it. Is there a problem with pressing too many times the button? Like the possibility of water coming in ?
I will search for the "Interval" option, I understand though that the photos are done randomly, one obviously doesn't count mentally 10 or 20 seconds underwater, waiting for the perfect moment for the picture.
I have the remote control that was offered in the AliExpress pack, wasn't aware that it was waterproof, but since I want it for diving, I'll probably will only use it outside of the water.

Cheers,
Ken
The buttons are supposed to be waterproof but I wouldn't be surprised if they leak a tiny amount when used in deep diving so I wouldn't use them 100s of times on one dive. Some action cams do say not to use the buttons underwater but the Gitup case is decent quality.

Do check occasionally that the camera isn't getting wet inside the case.

Be careful not to press the buttons hard, they are a lot bigger than the normal buttons but you need to use the same force as you would for the normal ones to avoid damage since you are actually pressing the normal buttons underneath.

The remote is rated for 3m which means that it is splash proof, not dive proof. People do use it for swimming.

@Nigel ,
Thanks a ton again for your additional comments.
I won't use the cam for "real" diving, the limit will be the swimming pool depth and maybe 2 meters max in the sea. But I'll check it for leaks after each "dive". I'll take care of not pressing too strong on the buttons, I will pass this message to my kids as well :)
In the end I'll use the remote for "dry" filming, can come in very handy if filming yourself.

Kind regards,
Ken

After using it in salt water, be sure to rinse off the case, especially the buttons. I found that after snow skiing, and getting some snow packed into the buttons, the springs rusted a little bit.

After using it in salt water, be sure to rinse off the case, especially the buttons. I found that after snow skiing, and getting some snow packed into the buttons, the springs rusted a little bit.
Thanks for the hint, I'll clean the housing properly after each dive, pool or sea.
Cheers

Sent from my NX510J using Tapatalk

Back